Eiderantler (2017)

Year of Launch2017

HouseJanuary Scent Project
PerfumerJohn Biebel

About Eiderantler

Eiderantler is a shared / unisex perfume by January Scent Project. The scent was launched in 2017 and the fragrance was created by perfumer John Biebel

Reviews of Eiderantler

Eiderantler is softness embodied, a watercolor of pale lavender and feathery green leaves. It reminds me very much of my mother’s bathroom, which smells of a natural lavender-infused oil I bought for her on Hvar, an island off the coast of Croatia famous for its fields of lavender. The oil is old, so what meets the nose first is the fatty, waxy smell of the carrier oil itself, a little stale, but not rancid. Then the smell of lavender buds come through, the same crushed-between-your-fingers lavender smell as in Selperniku, but far gentler and balmier, as if the buds have been washed down in a sweet, milky lotion.

What I like about Eiderantler is its gentleness. The potential bitterness of the ivy and the lavender has been managed so that their natural, in-built pungency is softened and spaced out, diffused into your personal space by a humidifier.
17th August, 2020
Floral green. Wet greens. Sweet green notes. Odd greens that turn sour, bitter... It mellows with time. Continues with its variety of bouncing greenies, a pop of powdered sugar, and fresh hewn hay.

Close to the skin I smell a starchy note and a bit, of fir. The base is very soft, cloudy. Hints of wood and a vague laundry-soap musk. The greens fade and carry on awhile. I wish, there were more fir...

Hours later a sweet, creamy wood thing.

Pleasant, but not FB worthy.
15th August, 2020
It took me a few times to really get this one but now I love it. Super high quality Bulgarian Lavendar Absolute and White Champa Leaf.
21st June, 2020
The note of ivy intrigued me - brought to my mind the dark spicy notes of the plant - dark soil and shadow. The scent itself was green, not sharp galbanum, but like green leaves of an indoor plant warmed fragrant by sunlight. A summer green fragrance; it dries down to a vanillic hay creamy woods note, like the white heartwood of a tree. A pleasant scent; I prefer the furry bitter herbal notes of Yatagan, although that is perhaps an unfair comparison if they are in different sub-genres.
21st September, 2018
I wonder if I'm just not the target audience for John Biebel's perfumes. Eiderantler, in particular, excited me from its description. And the juice color made me feel like I was in for a cool blast of fir, camphorous lavender, and green leaves. But what I get is powdery, soft, and smooth. Not forest by any means, but something more comfortable, more domestic. It's a bit of a dusty fougère—slightly soapy, just a little pepper—but leans much more feminine than you'd expect.

As has been with each of these first four offerings from JSP (Smolderose, Vaporocindro, and Selperniku included), I get the vibe of a middle-aged woman—and not quite an elegant, Bergdorf-shopping, Upper East Side type, but rather your aunt in Maine who's a ceramicist and picks this up and says “wow, this is different!” Because they really are interesting, but I just can't personally click with them. They're almost too friendly, too affable, and I keep looking for some sort of deeper edge.

I'm still very interested in what JSP offers next—I think each one of the perfumes so far has a unique perspective and is very well-made. I'm going to keep sniffing them from time to time to see if my opinion changes, but after a few tries of Eiderantler, I'm not quite sold.
23rd August, 2018
Eiderantler (love the name) is mostly a lavender fragrance on my skin. Unfortunately it seems to contain sweet vanilla and a kind of musk which I don't really like. Thus it is not my kind of fragrance. However, try it out for yourself.
13th July, 2018

Add your review of Eiderantler

Shop for Eiderantler products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Eiderantler

There are no member images of Eiderantler yet. Why not be the first?