Maritime (2016)

HouseTommy Bahama
Parent CompanyGemini Cosmetics

About Maritime

The company say:

Drawing inspiration from the pleasure of sailing, Maritime is an ode to the dynamism and power of the sea. A fresh, invigorating fragrance for the spirited explorer, the new fragrance blends aromatic botanicals with intriguing complexity for a scent that evokes warm trade winds over crystal clear waters. This captivating scent draws in the wearer with zesty top notes of citrusy bergamot, sweet lavender, fresh pink pepper, and clary sage, followed by a floral bouquet of water lily, jasmine, violet leaf, geranium, and ambergris. The fragrance is rounded out with cedarwood, sandalwood, musk, and moss, to create a long-lasting and invigorating scent reminiscent of sea air.

Maritime fragrance notes

Reviews of Maritime

Every day for 15 years I used 1818 by Brooks Brothers, hoarding bottles, but ran out a few months ago, and it was discontinued. A woman at work said her favorite was Maritime, and I kind of like her. It said sandalwood, so I blind-bought it. At the time, I couldn't tell the difference between Patchouli and a Big Mac.

I thought Maritime was "fine," what I called "deeper" than 1818 and certainly masculine. I suppose there is something "aquatic" about it too. But I wasn't loving it. And after 6 weeks, I started tiring. The sweetness (I guess that's what I meant by "deep") was getting to be too much. I am not trained enough to describe it any other way.

Then I started ordering a lot of good fragrance samples from all over the spectrum based on reviews on this site, so I guess my tastes are evolving and learning. I just put on the Maritime again, and now I absolutely hate it. It's just so darn sweet, and this is after wearing Layton for two days, which drys down pretty powdery. But this stuff just goes on like caramelized sugar and doesn't do much else. I think the comparison to Fierce is accurate in that the same person who bought Fierce at the mall in his 20's might now like this in his 40's. Or maybe it's the father of the Fierce-wearing frat business major at USC, thinking the current college girls would dig this. I could easily see this being the Official Scent of the California Republican Party.
14th June, 2020
First, the bottle is fantastic. Looks even better in person. Absolutely a display piece.

Sadly that's all there is to really recommend this fragrance. It's an austere aquatic a bit like Nautica Voyage but with a more powdery dry down and not as good. Bad performance even as far as Tommy Bahama scents go.

And I'm a guy who loves Tommy Bahama colognes. I have three others and enjoy all of them far more than this. TB shines when making "fun" aquatics, like TB For Him and the Set Sail line, all of which are better than this.

This hints at fun and hints at the ocean but doesn't quite deliver on either one.
03rd July, 2019
This diamond in the rough is so underrated even as a "Eau De Cologne!" I sniffed it out the first time at Macy's and it got my attention. I had my wife check it out along with other brands, but this one blew her away as well. She goes nuts over this. We both are hooked with this one. Again, this is very underrated (IMO). Great bottle too!!
21st February, 2019 (last edited: 06th March, 2019)
Maritime comes off as a powdery, blue version of an Abercrombie fragrance. It must remind me of one of there scents but with a twist on it.

Not really aquatic, just fresh and clean with some powdery sweetness.

I get good projection and longevity.
20th May, 2018
Dont let that Eau De Cologne designation fool you, this stuff is nuclear! If you're familiar with Creed's Virgin Island Water, it's very similar; gives off the same ocean breeze, summery island vacation vibe, but the delivery is a lot less subtle and more in-your-face. It is unquestionably masculine in my opinion, even with the seemingly fem floral notes. It's very casual and smooth, perfect for a stroll on the beach, sipping mojitos by the pool, or a casual night out with friends. I find it amazing that it's been out almost a whole year and I'm the first one to review it here on BN (I also had to personally petition to get it included in the directory). It's definitely a highly underrated gem of a fragrance. Plus, you gotta love that bottle! Two thumbs up!
24th July, 2017

Add your review of Maritime

Shop for Maritime products online

Shop for Maritime at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Maritime

There are no member images of Maritime yet. Why not be the first?