Oud Minérale (2017)

HouseTom Ford
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Oud Minérale

Oud Minérale is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2017

Oud Minérale fragrance notes

Reviews of Oud Minérale

rbaker Show all reviews
The opening notes presents as a marine-influenced blast of sea salt, sea weed - the 'minerale' side presumably that the name indicates..

There are also the fumes of a petrol station, with petrol fumes in the background.

Soon the oud arrives. It an agreeable, soft, smooth wood and a far cry from the shrill and synthetic-intrusive unpleasantness that often camouflages as oud wood. Restrained pink peppers and an equally smooth styrax add just a modicum on contrast.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection, and a longevity on my skin of six hours.

A pleasant oud/marine mix in the first phase, which is agreeable, with an original twist, and with an unusually balanced oud - not the real stuff, of course. The second phase, however, is rather bland though, and lacks depth and vibrancy, and develops into a very ordinary sweetish-ozonic tedium. Overall 2.75/5
23rd May, 2021
You're taking a stroll on a wet, rocky beach adjacent to an evergreen forest. Someone has built a driftwood fire in the distance. As you walk, you sip a dram of Laphroaig and breathe in the sea air, with wafts of salt spray, seaweed, and smoke from the distant campfire pairing perfectly with the smoked peat notes in your Islay whisky.

This smells more like the ocean than any other supposed marine fragrance I've smelled personally. As a sailor and aficionado of Islay Scotch, this scent was love at first sniff. The name is a bit misleading though, because if there's any oud in this it's so well blended that it just fades into the woodsy resinous base, adding its magic there. It is a very unique scent, and one of my favorites.
04th May, 2021

Oud Minérale is fascinating.

It's such a weird combination of notes and yet it all works together unexpectedly well. Plus, it smells exactly like the beach. And I mean EXACTLY like the beach, with all its delightful smells and all of its wretched bad odours. It's really quite uncanny and I feel instantly transported to one of my local beaches.

Performance wise, it's bloody brilliant. I am right now in the tenth hour of a wear and it is still projecting strongly into my nostrils from only one spray in each elbow pit. Quite unbelievable for something so "marine".

Yet, having said all that, and despite the fact I find it intriguing and love its performance, I don't actually really like how it smells. One minute, it smells fine, and then the next, it smells totally off putting. Utterly confusing and I can't make up my mind on it.

I suppose, however, that further adds to its mystery and what makes it so interesting to me.

Neutral.
20th November, 2020 (last edited: 25th November, 2020)
I'm giving this a Neutral for now even though I'm not impressed on this blind buy. It like going down a freshly paved road. I mean is Tar the scent he was looking for?? I'll give it time as maybe it will get better. ++++
I'm trying this for the 2nd time today. It does get better after a few hours.The Tar scent fades away and I could see that it might take time to win me over. I'll stay with the neutral as its not high on my list as yet.
30th July, 2020 (last edited: 01st August, 2020)
I'm just not liking the seaweed mixed the the tom-ford-linade. I simply don't think this smells good. Almost seems like a fragrance that is unwilling to commit. It is aquatic without being too aquatic, woody without being too woody. I feel like if they would have made the oud more medicinal and astringent this would have worked better. It feels like a tweaked Sel Marin. It performed really well, so it has that going for it. It also does a good job of stating what it is. If you read that this is one of those salty version aquatics with a pinch of fake blond wood it will get you there. Wearing it a couple of times, I liked it more than my initial dislike, but I'm not sure it rises all the way to neutral. It is a low neutral to me, but I'm knocking back to down based on the fact that I expect better from a fragrance that is expensive. Cost. Thumbs down.
10th December, 2019
Well...this thing is awesome if what you seek is smelling like gasoline. I cannot see though why someone would enjoy emitting such a sick smell. It is one of the worst fragrances i have tried. And i honestly wanted to like it so much...
20th July, 2019

Add your review of Oud Minérale

Shop for Oud Minérale products online

Shop for Oud Minérale at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

tom ford oud minerale 1.7

US • Buy it now: USD 209.00.

Tom Ford OUD MINERALE Eau De Parfum 50 ml NWOB

US • Buy it now: USD 149.99.

Member images of Oud Minérale

There are no member images of Oud Minérale yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]