Mousse de Chene 30 (2017)
by Le Labo

Mousse de Chene 30 information

Year of Launch2017

HouseLe Labo
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Mousse de Chene 30

Exclusively available in Amsterdam.

Mousse de Chene 30 fragrance notes

Reviews of Mousse de Chene 30

I really adore the rainy day scent of moss in this fragrance. I’m not sure why, but I smell a clear and unadulterated moss that I don’t get even in the basenotes of notoriously mossy compositions like old Diorella, Mitsouko, Chanel Pour Monsieur or Bogue’s Maia... I’m not sure why that is and I don’t know if there are “moss soliflors” — (wasn’t there a Dunhill scent that was mostly moss?) but, either way, Mousse de Chene 30 is what I’d want from one!

I love this scent but way too expensive for such a simple pleasure.

Edit: the notes have separated and I smell them individually. The wet moss accord has had its illusion ruined for me, but I enjoyed it while it was there. Now I smell spices(pepper and cinnamon mostly), Moss and lots of patchouli. Still nice but not as visually pleasing to the mind’s eye.
15th May, 2019 (last edited: 08th April, 2020)
Le Labo Mousse de Chene 30, the latest City Exclusive, translates to oak moss, and oakmoss is unsurprisingly the strongest note of the lot, though I do get some of the patchouli and a lot of greenness.

It's not terribly deep or complex to my nose, though, and it's possible I'm simply missing out on its greatness but for the most part it's easy to like, but difficult for me to love.

It's pleasant to wear, very agreeable, and versatile, likely working for men/women, summer/winter, night/day.

The updated City Exclusive pricing ($300 for 50ml, $460 for 100ml) is unsurprisingly untenable for most except for the most beloved fragrances, and in this case, I'm disinclined to pursue it further for that reason, as agreeable as it is.

7 out of 10
21st September, 2017
I must admit, it took a bit of research and repeated wearings to break down this fragrance in simpler terms. It was one of the most difficult scents for me to describe but I think I've nailed it in "Plain English."
If you have ever had the chance to sample oak moss absolute like I have, you would immediately recognize the distinct aromatic qualities in this perfume. The oak moss accord is quite pronounced here but in the tenacious synthetic form (Evernyl.) It can be best described as a very warm, dark, slightly sweet, rich, earthy, creamy-woody aroma. Soon after the opening, you immediately notice that this fragrance isn't as dark as you think it would be. There is an undeniable fresh spicy, zesty, rosy nuance (known as pink pepper) that we see so much in Geza Schoen's work (Ormonde Jayne Black Gold, Isfarkand, Escentric Molecules) and even some similarity with Le Labo's Chicago City Exclusive, Baie Rose 26. I immediately recognized this note from the initial spray as I am a huge fan of Geza Schoen. But, the spices seem to come from various angles here. It's fresh yet also very dynamic. A balanced blend of Bay oil and Cinnamon creates a distinctive mild clove-like, spicy-warmth that lingers throughout the dry down. All in all, this fragrance is very warm/comforting, addictive, woody, creamy, smooth, fresh and spicy!! Mousse de Chene 30 will get plenty of use this fall and winter.

Overall rating 9/10

Buy It Now for only: $79.99

Buy It Now for only: $19.99

Buy It Now for only: $32.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

LE LABO EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY SAMPLES, 0.05 OZ. EACH, NEW- Choose your City -RARE!

End Date: Saturday Sep-5-2020 9:22:39 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $28.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Le Labo Parfum Samples-Bigarade 18-Vanille 44-Another 13-Gaiac-Santal 33-Musc 25

End Date: Tuesday Sep-8-2020 15:28:50 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $61.50

End Date: Tuesday Sep-8-2020 15:28:50 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $81.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Le Labo Mousse de Chene 30 edp 10 ML Travel atomizer glass spray unisex (New)

End Date: Thursday Sep-10-2020 17:06:41 PDT