Dent de Lait (2017)

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Dent de Lait

Dent de Lait is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2017 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Dent de Lait fragrance notes

Reviews of Dent de Lait

Trial bottle, initial sparkly floral, at two hours settles into a warm creamy slightly almond drydown that is very lightly floral. Reminded me of a spring morning when bulbs and dewy flowers freshen the light breeze flitting the curtains, but nothing startling or exciting. Cosy.
25th September, 2020
Don’t fully understand the negative attention this scent gets. I can only think it comes from the expectations that seriously talented and storied partnership like Lutens & Sheldrake engenders.

Dent de Lait is simple and pleasing, with just a hint of strange, to keep it interesting. Soft and milky, in the center with a knowing metallic wink to let you know that THEY KNOW the kinds of associations they’re playing with.

In all honesty, the metallic(“blood”) note is very light. More in the vein of the aldehyde sparkle of White Linen than the full on misanthropic metal sheen of Iris Silver Mist.

Yes, musky, creamy... sweet cereal milky. Feminine, in a young, innocent way: not catholic schoolgirl uniform but white nightgown. Cozy.
19th May, 2019
Shycat Show all reviews
Mild, slightly soapy, slightly metallic, musk. That is all. It seems to be walking in L'eau d'Hiver's footsteps but with weird unpleasant boots on.
16th September, 2018
I had little expectation for Dent de Lait, but was enthused after trying this on a paper strip. It had this fresh, milky and vaguely metallic note jostling alongside heliotrope and almond. Now that I am wearing it, my hopes are completely dashed. Any interesting minty freshness, that is somewhat unique, disappears completely within the first twenty minutes. What remains is a stereotypical concoction of almond, musk and heliotrope that becomes increasingly jarring. Dent de Lait does have good sillage, but unfortunately I find it impossible to tolerate after a while. While there is a reasonable degree of abstraction, the accord is also jaded and vapid. The dry down is clichéd, and I find it tiresome to smell this accord in a Serge Lutens perfume.

Dent de Lait provides further testamony to the proposition that the best days of Serge Lutens as a company have long gone by, especially as one considers the back catalogue.

24th May, 2018
Love the crisp opening that sparkles, and reminds me of Broadway Nite. It must be the aldehydes. It's slightly floral and then settles down in a creamy soapy skin scent that is a little metallic. All in all, it's very clean and fresh.

Not weird, not disgusting, not vile. I like that it doesnt scream coconut at you, nor almonds, insteadit all blends together into a cozy clean scent. Like bed linen that has been slept in once. You can still detect the freshly laundered feeling and scent, but it's not as pristine as it was. Still clean, but a bit more lived in.
09th February, 2018
Scent is metallic on me. I am not sure why. The aldehydes are nice, but once this dries down it is not nice on my skin. It smells like I am wearing perfume fragrance versus blending into my natural scent and creating a pleasant experience. It is not bad, but it is definitely not one of the best SL. I wore this four times.
13th January, 2018

Add your review of Dent de Lait

Shop for Dent de Lait products online

Shop for Dent de Lait at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Dent de Lait

There are no member images of Dent de Lait yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Dent de Lait