Scandal (2017)

Year of Launch2017

HouseJean Paul Gaultier
PerfumerDaphne Bugey
SupplierFirmenich
Parent Company at launchPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Scandal

Scandal is a feminine perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier. The scent was launched in 2017 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Daphne Bugey

Scandal fragrance notes

Reviews of Scandal

This was a blind buy that came out surprisingly like I expected. I hoped for a sweet honey, and that's exactly what I got. This is sweet syrupy honey to the max and I don't really get any of the other listed notes, I would've imagined vanilla to be in the base as this is so sweet. Luckily this doesn't go animalic one bit so I'm happy that this works on me. I don't have anything else to add on the notes or the smell except that this is incredibly sweet and if you are expecting the citrus or patchouli maybe to test this one on you first cause I didn't get anything else besides the honey, honey ;)

Also when I was first reading about this scent I noticed words like "bomb" were being thrown around frequently which led me to believe that this would be a powerful, heavy hitting scent. It surprised me that about 5 hours in (maybe even sooner) I could barely detect this scent on my wrists. Sillage was also just average on me it never got very strong or overbearing like I thought it might. Of course this was with only 2 sprays so I might try my normal application next time to see how it goes (I usually apply around 6 sprays).

If you desire a super sweet linear honey with good but not overwhelming longevity and sillage, look no further than this. I can't help but wonder if there are maybe some cheaper alternatives to this kind of scent in the drugstore/celebrity fragrance world, but I'm happy with this for the time being. My 50ml should last me quite a while with all my other scents and I'll happily move on once it's done.

19th March, 2019
Honeyed minty-angular patchouli, synthetically glamour-chic, musky,like a sort of ideal Alien/Ange ou Demon/Very Irresistibile/Elie Saab Le Parfum's "fruit of passion" (the sophisticated "kind of frosty/anisic" floral element being in this case the languid gardenia). Urban and trendy.
07th December, 2017 (last edited: 11th December, 2017)

Citrus floral with honey.
The honey is nice and dirty, playing hide and seek with the sweet florals. That is the scandal indeed...that dirty sexyness.

I like it.
20th November, 2017
A very nice honey and floral fragrance. I almost bought a full bottle instantly, when I saw I could get a free miniature. It's not cloying. I find the bottle a bit "kitsch", but it's well done and very different. Try it, it's worth it.
18th September, 2017
There will be no scandal!
The perfume opens with citrus smell. Fresh, clean, juicy. Then, after a few seconds the honey enters the stage like a primadonna. Now it is it turn to show what it can do. From now on it is all about honey. A sweet, intoxicating honey. Because the citrus smell does not disapear completely, honey is not so syrupy. It has a sparkling touch that gives a fresh feeling. This removes the sticky trait of honey. It is refreshing, pleasant and full of joy. It suits a woman capable of awakening burning passions, eager to always flirt, independent and free as a bird in the sky. This woman will always leave behind a trace of scandal. Maybe not outside, but surely inside.
The perfume remains like this for a few hours.
The dry-down is a patchouli with honey. It has a good longevity, while the sillage is pretty good too.
Scandal perfectly adapts to market requirements. It’s what יs been looking for, what many women wear. It is in the trend.
So, if you are looking for a honey fragrance, softened with citrus and settled by patchouli, you can try Scandal.
08th September, 2017

Add your review of Scandal

Shop for Scandal products online

Shop for Scandal at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Scandal by Jean Paul Gaultier EDP Spray 2.7 oz Snow Collector's Edition

US • Buy it now: USD 70.00. Current Price: USD 41.00.

Member images of Scandal

There are no member images of Scandal yet. Why not be the first?