Gentleman (new) (2017)

PerfumerNathalie Lorson
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Gentleman (new)

Gentleman (new) is a masculine fragrance by Givenchy. The scent was launched in 2017 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Nathalie Lorson and Olivier Cresp

Gentleman (new) fragrance notes

Reviews of Gentleman (new)

Interesting that this little diddy gets savaged. I think it is a pretty good fragrance. There is something a bit off and synthetic about the opening fruity pear thing, but as that dies down they actually did a good job on the mid and base here. That is so rare these days in a mass pleaser. Its got some dry woody vetiver stuff in the mid, that almost feels like a fractured version. It is a clear white woody thing. The iris hold. That pear in the opening mixed with the iris gives that facet a Ultra Male thing, but at an appropriate volume. I like the bottle. I like most things about this one, and think I might pick up one from this line. It does smell masculine, though in a clean way, and not an overly trying to be the sexy man with an upturned collar.
17th February, 2021
alexmate Show all reviews
I was given a sample of this by the rep after buying Terre d'Hermes. Gentleman has a fairly strong leather note and sweet citrus almost green notes. It's light and inoffensive and would be a good office frag. Scores a neutral because I won't be buying a full bottle and I think there's better leather fragrances for the money.
13th June, 2020
For those who grew up on cuisine perfume - with its naturalistic smells, this woody fruity aromatic mush - with too much pepper sauce - is like eating a dessert from a burger joint. Synthetic and unsatisfying.

Miserly peel off patch, enough for one shot (and that was too much).
01st June, 2020 (last edited: 04th June, 2020)
This reminds me of something not too pleasant from my British childhood. Dettol disinfectant! Horrendous.
26th May, 2019
I have been using the original GG more or less since launch, so when I bought this, I assumed it had undergone one of its periodic redesigns.

Frankly, if I had picked this up cheap on a street market, I'd be kicking myself for wasting money, but I would have known the chance I was taking.

This is the "new formula " coke to classic coke, or even a supermarket own brand cola.

I'm not a professional, just a user, but this is an over sweet almost sickly smell that has no relationship whatsoever to original GG.

I must conclude that the oh so subtle switch in the name was deliberately and cynically designed to get mugs like me to boost the sales of this >>> thinking it was the original.

And I'm not alone - having tried and failed a dozen times to get a definitive answer from Givenchy by phone, email and tweet as to whether they were ceasing GG original, I went on an orgy of stockpiling.

Unfortunately, even well established online merchants are still selling and illustrating the new stuff with pictures of the old, so its too subtle for them TOO, and I now have £300 of this dreck to shift on ebay.

If anyone knows of an alternative with similar charachteristics to the original GG please let me know.
28th August, 2018
Hey now! This one is actually quite pleasant on its own merits, compared to the brash old-school original.

Top notes: pear, cardamom
Heart: iris, lavender
Base: patchouli – leather accord, black vanilla

I find this to be a well-blended wearable tart, spicy-sweet cologne, a youthful retake on the Givenchy Gentleman mystique. Fairly simple in construction and seems to be a "reboot" type scent in Givenchy's collection.

17th August, 2018

Add your review of Gentleman (new)

Shop for Gentleman (new) products online

Search on ebay

Member images of Gentleman (new)

There are no member images of Gentleman (new) yet. Why not be the first?