Elements of Man : Wisdom (2017)
by Ermenegildo Zegna

Elements of Man : Wisdom information

Year of Launch2017

HouseErmenegildo Zegna
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances

About Elements of Man : Wisdom

Elements of Man : Wisdom is a masculine fragrance by Ermenegildo Zegna. The scent was launched in 2017

Elements of Man : Wisdom fragrance notes

Reviews of Elements of Man : Wisdom

Elements of Man Wisdom is most definitely my favorite mediterranean citrus scent from Zegna. Zegna has used their legendary bergamot in many of their Essenze fragrances and Wisdom has a similar vibrant juicy citrus note that is mandarin and neroli supported by a similar sharper green note from verbena and lavender which has a fresh from the cut characteristic here. The French Lavender noted is often a medicinal partly green herbal and this comes through here as well. Also, whenever I see musk listed as a base note I assume it means a synthetic dry white musk to anchor all the juiciness of the citrus and neroli but in Wisdom the musk is papery almost woody with a stand alone character. I think this is a very well done fragrance that will unfortunately get lost in all of the other great citrus/neroli scents that are on the market now from Zegna, Acqua di Parma, Hermes and others. Also Zegna fragrances are very hard to find in order to test them, at least in my area. Nieman Marcus stopped carrying them, and also Zegna boutique only carries parts of the Essenze fragrance line here. While this one is not my favorite of the Elements of Man series (Passion) it is an excellent spring and summer citrus that is created with great experience you could say it is "wisdom".
06th January, 2018
This is a pleasant Vetiver scent. Even more surprising as its not listed in the ingredients. No one sells it online but Zegna in Sloane street London were very helpful and gave me some samples.
It is very linear with excellent projection and longevity. It is just like a lot of other good uncomplicated Vetiver scents although not quite as 'damp grass' as most of them which puts me off. It is quite inoffensive and my wife who has a sensitive nose really likes this on me. But I don't. It's not that masculine but not really feminine. It's rather dandy and or for the above 50s or even 60s but that's my opinion only.
It reminds me of a scented tissue wipe you may find in an old school 5 star hotel. Tasteful, restrained, but ultimately dated but it makes you smile due to its cosy honest predictability.
The closest comparator is Castle Forbes Special Reserve Vetiver (Brian from Executive Shaving actually sent me his own bottle to try!) but Zegna is slightly more restrained subtle and elegant.

For me 2.5/5 but higher if you like Vetiver.

Ask for Matthew in the Sloane Street branch of Zegna, he gave me 5 samples of the Elements and I will report on all of them.
26th November, 2017 (last edited: 27th November, 2017)

Add your review of Elements of Man : Wisdom

Shop for Elements of Man : Wisdom products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Elements of Man : Wisdom

There are no member images of Elements of Man : Wisdom yet. Why not be the first?