Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017 version) (2017)
by Christian Dior

Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017 version) information

Year of Launch2017

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017 version)

A reorchestrated version of Eau Sauvage Parfum originally launched in 2012. The new version is designed to be closer to the original 1966 scent.

Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017 version) fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017 version)

Oh me oh my! This is one of the best fragrances I have ever had the pleasure of wearing! Just wonderful!

A nice citrus-opening, drying-down to a beautifully smoothly-blended, heavenly scent, that illicits smiles and compliments from all around! Very nice, subtle texture and development. What I love the most is that I can still smell it on myself for several hours later, and I smell SO good...

Excellent longevity, and fantastic sillage! The projection/sillage is subtle, but strong and steady. Not over-the-top, in-your-face strong - but just perfect.

I wonder what the EDT smells like, but even more so, I wonder what the earlier 2012 version smelled like... I would be amazed if they're as good as this.
This is probably in my all-time top-5 fragrances, along with Aventus and Oud Wood. Totally worth the $130 I shelled out for this (already dreaming of getting another bottle, before this gets impossible to find)
08th May, 2020
Smells a lot like the original except this seems to have a bit more citrus in this.Very nice.
14th February, 2020 (last edited: 15th March, 2020)
Just a rock solid and well crafted longer wear and cold weather flanker for fans of the original.

Big caveat - this must be tested on skin. Like with many resins, the aniseed elements of the Elemi were overpowering on a tester but turned to a bright, uplifting resinous green on my skin and helped bring out the candied lemon edge to the opening.

The overall feel to this compared to the EDT is that they’re Irish Twins - as expected, the Parfum brings a density and richness the EDT lacks, even though it is an objectively bright citric scent. In addition to the EDT feeling more translucent, it also seems to have more nuance, liveliness and artistry, so I do prefer it a touch more.

Having said that, I’m far more likely to wear the Parfum due to its exceptional staying power. There’s no need to spray heavily, so it represents some serious value. Would probably be cloying in the height of summer, but that’s why you have the EDT. Thumbs up.
29th January, 2020
Fresh and masculine

Out of the 60 bottles i own this one performs the best for me. I can smell it all day, the projection is beast.

I am not sure if i go nose blind with my other big hitter fragrances but this one just seems to cut through the air and perfom the best.

Which is really good cause i absolutely love the smell of this. Luckily i have managed to find a 2012 bottle which i shall have soon! I can't wait to compare them.

*Update*

Have received the 2012 version and it only slightly edges this one for top place. Both are great!

01st June, 2019 (last edited: 26th July, 2019)
I get that many people associate this with citrus but to me, the star of the show is the elemi in the base which comes off as a waxy, green-amber resin. Very interesting note, like absinthe, similar to the effect of something like the licorice/anise note in Lolita Lempicka au Masculine. Not saying it smells like that but it just has something of the same feel. Very aromatic and kinda minty.

This comes off as very mature and formal but could be worn in any climate except maybe extreme heat as the projection is heavy. Longevity is also excellent.
18th April, 2019
Opens up very bright citrus, and woody earthy. Doesn't really change much, but that is not a bad thing.... Coz this is really nice and classy with a lil old school vibe.
Gets a little creamy, but very nice throughout.

Scent 8.9- 10
Longevity 9.5- 10
Sillage 8.0- 10

Overall a really solid nice fragrance
01st February, 2019

Add your review of Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017 version)

Shop for Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017 version) products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017 version)

There are no member images of Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017 version) yet. Why not be the first?