Cuir de Russie Eau de Parfum (2016)
by Chanel

Cuir de Russie Eau de Parfum information

Year of Launch2016

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Cuir de Russie Eau de Parfum

Cuir de Russie Eau de Parfum is a shared / unisex perfume by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge

Cuir de Russie Eau de Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Cuir de Russie Eau de Parfum

I’m on a big leather bender these days. This leather is soft and lovely. The qualities of the ylang + jasmine + aldehyde blend in this reminds me very much of how Patou balanced on the same tightrope with Joy. Not that the two frags smell at all alike. They don’t. But they certainly share a sensibility. Just a hint of anamalic I’d characterize as kitty pee, but I’m a city girl - I wouldn’t know barnyard if it bit me.
11th August, 2020
Now this is gorgeous and opens up with a creamy buttery ylang ylang followed by a very refined supple almost suede like leather.

As time passes you can smell jasmine,dry woods, iris all woven tightly together that the scent shimmers on your skin. Smell it one moment you get the leather, smell it again and you can smell the jasmine. It is a beautiful classy multifaceted fragrance.

Deep into the drydown after many hours I can even smell a soft and sensual animalic scent on my skin.

This scent lasted seven hours on my skin and the projection and sillage was decent.

I have to say this is one of the most luxurious and classy fragrances I have ever smelled. Bravo to Chanel this is just a beautiful refined gem of a scent. Big thumbs up!
08th July, 2020
I find the new edp version of Chanel Cuir de Russie similar to the recently discontinued edt version. The changes are minor, if even noticeable, and to the extent it's different, it seems like a nice update.

It smells like newer leather. The edt was more of a soft, broken-in red leather. This has slightly more sheen of a new leather, also red.

I've sampled the current parfum, and it has even more sheen. This edp is in perfect continuity between the old edt and the parfum.
22nd October, 2018
The EDP scents beautifully on my Girl in spite of the fact she hasn't really cottoned to the Cuir of any age.
She's a Bois des Ilses and No.5 woman.
I think that the EDP, properly,caters to the current Feminine sensibility.
The EDP scents a little rounded and curvy on my Masculine skin.
13th February, 2018 (last edited: 20th February, 2020)
I prefer this concentration to the EDT, I think: it's richer and smoother and the barnyard is less jarring. Or perhaps I'm just finally growing into it...
11th February, 2018 (last edited: 29th March, 2018)

Add your review of Cuir de Russie Eau de Parfum

Shop for Cuir de Russie Eau de Parfum products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Cuir de Russie Eau de Parfum

There are no member images of Cuir de Russie Eau de Parfum yet. Why not be the first?