Cuir de Russie Eau de Toilette (1983)
by Chanel

Cuir de Russie Eau de Toilette information

Year of Launch1983
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Cuir de Russie Eau de Toilette

Cuir de Russie Eau de Toilette is a shared / unisex perfume by Chanel. The scent was launched in 1983 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge

Cuir de Russie Eau de Toilette fragrance notes

Reviews of Cuir de Russie Eau de Toilette

The EDT EXCLUSIF tastes of a little of boot Polish and scents yummy on me,in spite of the Adelhydes and Florals. As a male, I find this relies more upon my own musk, than Civet animalic. It proves a winner over the current EDP, in that Chanel seems to have moved to a new woody base for it's Contemporary market.

1970's EDC scents much closer to Etro Gomma with an VERY present animalic.

A recent sample of 60's or 70's EDC confirms.
20th February, 2020 (last edited: 08th July, 2020)
I've had a sample of Chanel Cuir de Russie that I think was from the 70s or 80s, and it was one of my favorite fragrances ever. Today I'm wearing the Les Exclusifs version of the edt, and it's also nice.

It opens with a blast that immediately brings the smell of a fresh baby to mind. As that association fades, it smells like a feminine leather, a soft red leather, true to its name.

The older version smelled a lot like civet. The newer version is all soft leather.
21st October, 2018
Riding school leather.
Smooth, smoky and old-fashioned.
Gender: French saddle.
28th January, 2018
Stardate 20180103:

A well constructed Russian leather. Smells like a Suede Purse of a lady with impeccable taste (the smell Femme Rochas was going for)

But Chanel's version is not my favourite. It leans more feminine than I like. I prefer Godet's version.

03rd January, 2018

Add your review of Cuir de Russie Eau de Toilette

Shop for Cuir de Russie Eau de Toilette products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Cuir de Russie Eau de Toilette

There are no member images of Cuir de Russie Eau de Toilette yet. Why not be the first?