Patch Flash (2017)

Year of Launch2017

HouseTauerville
PerfumerAndy Tauer

About Patch Flash

Patch Flash is a shared / unisex perfume by Tauerville. The scent was launched in 2017 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Andy Tauer

Reviews of Patch Flash

The amber and toffee mentioned below are related to my concern with this fragrance, and maybe any Tauer fragrance. I don't like them. I want to like them. They seem so cool and exciting with their charismatic perfumer and hip fans. But wearing any Tauer fragrance has mostly been a learning experience for me, and not so much pleasure. It's not torture either, though, so I went with a neutral.

This has the peppery style of patchouli that I smell in some fragrances. I think these fragrances often have leather in the notes list, which I think of as a peppery leather.
25th May, 2020
An all around, great patchouli-centric fragrance. Nothing not to like here. Woody. Darkish patchouli. Just enough "spice". Slight honey feel... Amber-like accord rises later. Hints of hippie, body-odor, woody things all mixed up. Like a concert in very hot weather, with the usual suspects, in the crowd. Strangely, it also reveals an odd, candy toffee smell, too.
08th November, 2019
I admit that Patch Flash is not an entry I expected to enjoy much. While I regularly enjoy patchouli as a heart and base note, as a component of a larger collection, I generally do not gravitate toward patchouli when wielded in dominating fashion by a perfumer. So in Patch Flash, as of now the latest entry in Andy Tauer's more affordable Tauerville series, there is a mix of elements that renders the fragrance quite agreeable.

It's some amalgam of fresh, green, spicy, woody, and even leather/animalic. As with the entire Tauerville series, a note breakdown is not provided so I can only speculate but it's a pleasant expression of patchouli that is dense but not too dense nor too focused on patchouli.

Performance is solid and the price point is reasonable, $63 for 30ml EDP. Patch Flash leans slightly masculine but is still quite unisex. Worth a try for anyone. I can't imagine most would dislike it but clearly the feedback is a bit mixed overall.

7 out of 10
15th March, 2018
Tauerville Patch Flash is a truly original take on a patchouli fragrance. This is no hippie patchouli as it is well blended with warm and smooth ingredients. The patchouli has a grassy aged old time patchouli aroma, noticeable mostly at the opening and this combines with dry spiced amber which contributes to a cool/warm chord combination that has nice depth but is also smooth almost like a polished leather. Reminds me slightly of LM Patchouli Boheme, but really this is a unique patchouli blend. The scent is agreeable to wear, mildly addictive and has me returning to my bottle for more wearing time. There is a bit of adventure in wearing something like this. The best flash yet from Taurville.
27th November, 2017

Add your review of Patch Flash

Shop for Patch Flash products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Patch Flash

There are no member images of Patch Flash yet. Why not be the first?