Artisan Pure (2017)

PerfumerRodrigo Flores-Roux
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc

About Artisan Pure

The company says:

John Varvatos Artisan Pure is inspired by the verdant and lush hills of Xalapa, Mexico and its vast coffee and citrus groves. Redolent, luxurious citrus notes bring an understated elegance to modern, sun-warmed woods. The fragrance is a crisp, woody citrus scent, as refined as it is cool. Highlighted are three distinct types of petitgrains, which use all elements of the citrus tree: leaves, branches and tender fruit; as well as the best quality of orris.

Reviews of Artisan Pure

Not much citrus to my nose but I like it. I canít differentiate individual components like so many on here but itís a scent that seems to fit nicely on a cloudy day. It has a light but unique smell that wonít knock people down, which is a plus for me, which fits one aspect of my personality and is something I can just enjoy.
24th April, 2021
Picked this up from TJ Maxx as saw some pretty positive reviews and got it on the cheap. My wife loves this one on me, though I'm neutral on it. I need 6+ sprays to smell it much, but she raves when I spray the minimum 3. To my nose, I don't get much citrus, but top to bottom it's very woody / green like being in a nursery with lots of plants. Maybe it was an older bottle, hence the presence at TJ Maxx, but on me this is pretty linear, with weak projection and low longevity.
22nd November, 2020
Oh, this perfume is really worth be the best luxury rich feels smelling Iíve been looking for my whole life. This citrusy story is very unique and unforgettable. Been in my heart all the time since Iíve try it! So please donít discontinue this Artisan Pure. Pure love, Pure memories. Love quality and rich composition, bravo Rodrigo. Hi from Russia, Moscow.
15th October, 2020 (last edited: 22nd October, 2020)
On first try, this may seem straightforward and simple, but this is an unusually sophisticated designer fragrance with clever (and innovative) nuance.

The contrast between the neroli top and the spicy, musky mid and base makes this a kind of mass-market companion to Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, and it's not terribly far off from Assoluta in quality, either.

The citrus and synthetic musk in Assoluta is nicer, but it's hard to say that Assoluta is actually more complex; Artisan Pure has an intricate layering of accords and notes that speaks to a similar level of compositional thoughtfulness and imagination.
24th August, 2020 (last edited: 01st November, 2020)
I can't believe this costs less per ML than Ferrari bright neroli while being so much better. It is less linear, and you can smell way more notes. I might end up buying a backup bottle.
15th March, 2020
A superb citrus Summer fragrance with a unique twist. Although not a listed note, I can't help but notice a massive dose of chili pepper in this one, it might also just be paprika. It's there and it's very apparent, especially in the initial opening. As it fades the chili blends into what appears to be neroli, jasmine, iris, and citruses. I can make out all of these notes, but they do well sticking together, and blending well. I also get coriander but no cardamom. the dry down is sweet and woodsy and lasts a good 6-8 hours on skin.

I'd label this one a spicy aromatic citrus. the first time I sampled it, I thought it was just a good citrus. It wasn't until I bought a bottle that I realized the amount of depth in this fragrance. It's damn good, and for the price now, around $35 for a 4.2 oz bottle, you can't go wrong.
03rd March, 2020