Cap Néroli (2018)

HouseNicolaï
PerfumerPatricia de Nicolaï

About Cap Néroli

Patricia de Nicolaï:

Cap Néroli ‘on the French Riviera’ is a tribute to the bitter-orange cultivation of the Côte d’Azur. I imagined the scent of a point of land running into the sea and having the sweet name of Cap Néroli!’

Cap Néroli fragrance notes

Reviews of Cap Néroli

Sultry, sensual neroli

I was expecting a refreshing fragrance based on the mint and rosemary in the notes pyramid and the images of the seaside referenced in the advertising copy.

The opening is bright and citrusy, but even at the start, Cap Neroli is indolic. From a distance, the neroli feels rich, but the closer one gets, the omre the indoles lend a voluptuous, unctuous weight and naphthalene edge that pushes this fragrance into more challenging territory.

If this is a summer scent, this is you peeling off a silk slip that was pressed against your thighs.
27th June, 2020 (last edited: 28th June, 2020)
Kotori Show all reviews
[b]Cap Neroli by Parfums di Nicolai[/b]
[b]Category[/b]: 2 Eau de Cologne variant
[b]Rating[/b]: 2/5
[b]Longevity[/b]: 5/5

An extremely sharp bergamot or Cedrat note tingles the nose so much it burns a bit. A few moments later, it mellows to a lemony cereal smell. It reminds me of Trix. Eventually the citrus fades to a fermented background flavor, as a spicy white floral rises, and the texture of it is like the stamen anthers of a lily that was picked a day or two ago. It’s mostly a neroli, but it’s waxy and throat-scratchy and deep like a lily with the stamen intact. It’s a very, very floral interpretation, and I’m not sure I’d recognize it as neroli if I hadn’t known. The heart is neroli painted in a new medium. The drydown reveals a throaty orange blossom blended with a sweet, natural jasmine. It’s a pretty floral, but it isn’t really neroli and it does not scratch my citrus itch.
22nd January, 2020
To my nose, Cap Neroli is mostly a beautiful jasmine scent supported by lightly soapy orange blossom. It doesn't smell to me like neroli, that green citrus smell I was expecting. Instead, it's one of those "walk in the spring when everything's flowering" perfumes.

I quite like it - it has a lot in common with one of my favorites, L'Artisan's La Chasse aux Papillons, with its extremely literal florals. Cap Neroli ups the ante with a chemically induced projection that I can't quite figure out, which adds to the strength of the scent at the risk of losing some of its natural feel. But overall, it's a beautiful smell. Definitely thumbs up.
21st October, 2018

Add your review of Cap Néroli

Shop for Cap Néroli products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Cap Néroli

There are no member images of Cap Néroli yet. Why not be the first?