Red Tobacco (2017)

About Red Tobacco

Red Tobacco is a masculine fragrance by Mancera. The scent was launched in 2017

Red Tobacco fragrance notes

Reviews of Red Tobacco

The opening of Red Tobacco is extremely strong, so be careful. Overall, it just kinda smells like really strong, slightly sweet cat piss to me. Ya, I get the tobacco behind it all, but it's not enjoyable at all. It's also insanely potent, and I saw it physically make 2 people cough when I was in their vicinity. If you're like me, and care about others who have allergies to certain scents, this will bother you as it did me. Fortunately it's not a fragrance I enjoy enough to wanna wear again. The $15 or so I spent for the decant, is about the standard now a days, which is no excuse not to sample this and any other fragrance, before committing to a full bottle.

The base is more or less, a tamed version of the opening, with a little more woods, and a lot of vanilla. It also lasts forever, easily 18 hours, with 6 hours of strong projection.

Not worth the strong pissy opening for a mediocre dry down imo.. try before you buy, for sure!
06th July, 2020
Obnoxious opening with aggressive spices (the nutmeg in particular); thick, muddy, resinous tones; a flooding sweetness (not particularly fruity to my nose); the entire thing casting a vast penumbra of paint thinner.
Resolves swiftly and much more successfully into a dense, bass pipe tobacco and vanilla centred main theme, the spices now in check, the paint thinner revealed to be a morphed woody ‘oud’, and the sweetness quite receded. There is a dry fruits richness about the tobacco that is right at home. I can see why some rave about this one, but for me it seems to trigger associations of the assumed seriousness of old boys’ clubs, all back-slapping one-upmanship and blue cigar-smoke haze..
12th June, 2020
Red Tobacco?

More like a fuzzy, persistent blob of brown sugar.

1.5/5
18th March, 2020
Power frag

Sweet fruity thing. Think tobacco in the same vein as Spicebomb tobacco, ie not smelling like tobacco. Sweet, ambrox, and just way to strong to make any sense. One small spritz on my belly pounded my nose all day. Just impossible to wear. The sweetness does seem to have other facets, but who can tell? Wagner played at the volume of a fighter jet loses some nuance. Still, value is good, ive seen secondary market mid $80s. And its not rose/oud or Invictus. My standards are low enough for this to graze the up. Thumbs up.
09th February, 2020
Well a lot of people say that the opening on this is too strong and abrasive, I dont get that..... it is strong but I love that.
It calms a little after the first 2 hours, but continues on in a fairly linear way.
It does get noticed in good and bad ways. Deep and heavy tobacco with sweet spice of saffron.
I like the creamy Vetiver note that pops up after 10 hours, yep 10 hours..... this I would deffo put in the beast mode category! Excellent strong juice here.

Scent 9.5- 10
Performance 9- 10
Silage 9- 10
07th December, 2019
While I do like the fruity sweetness that is there and detectable, Red Tobacco is dominated by a smokey, woody saffron that makes this harder to wear and enjoy. I would say if you enjoy oud saffrons with some sweetness, then this should be an excellent choice.

Very powerful projection and longevity. Minimal sprays needed.
10th November, 2019