Maritime Deep Blue (2018)
by Tommy Bahama

Maritime Deep Blue information

Year of Launch2018

HouseTommy Bahama
PerfumerFrank Voelkl
Parent CompanyGemini Cosmetics

About Maritime Deep Blue

Perfumer Frank Voelkl says:

I was inspired by a trip to a secluded beach. It was so rustic and elemental that I wanted to express its authenticity, the powerful waves, deep waters, strong winds and sizzling hot sun.  Maritime Deep Blue captures this intensity with a burst of watery freshness, crisp aromatic notes and sun-drenched driftwood.

Maritime Deep Blue fragrance notes

Reviews of Maritime Deep Blue

I wanted to like this, and ultimately did...but it took a few days of uncertainty. It does smell like a forest at the edge of a beach--and I get more forest than beach or ocean. That might be the juniper, which also adds the suggestion of Christmas trees to the mix. Some of the opening notes just don't seem to blend at first, but it does even out. It is stronger and longer lasting than most of the other Tommy Bahamas that I've had--but it's still basically skin scent after a while. That's actually fine with me because I prefer subtlety. It works well as a base layer under the shirt, because of the lingering dry-down. It's worth noting that it does get positive reactions from females--one said that it smelled "manly", in a good way. Interestingly, they smelled it far longer than I actually could. What smelled like nothing to me after a while was still noticeable to others. I find this far superior to the regular Maritime, which I took an instant dislike to as it smelled like rotten-apple scented baby powder. Deep Blue goes from Christmas to musk, and is very good as a covering scent for a hot day. It's not going to displace St. Kitts as my favorite TB, or the newer formula Very Cool as my second, and I might not get another bottle unless I find it at a discounter. But I will enjoy this one and even though I wasn't sure at first, I actually do like it now.
24th January, 2019
Starts of clean and synthetically sweet but mostly just generic and weak.

There is a little sea saltiness in the drydown but nothing that rivals other aquatics.

Projection is below average and longevity is okay.
20th May, 2018 (last edited: 21st May, 2018)

Add your review of Maritime Deep Blue

Shop for Maritime Deep Blue products online

Shop for Maritime Deep Blue at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Maritime Deep Blue

There are no member images of Maritime Deep Blue yet. Why not be the first?