Bois de Vétiver (2017)

PerfumerChristophe Raynaud
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Bois de Vétiver

The company say:

Inspired by the musk of a forest at sunrise, this fragrance has a masculine, alluring appeal. Intense base notes of vetiver wood and patchouli are paired with blood orange, mint and geranium, for a subtle yet powerful result. Lingering on the skin, the enveloping scent surprises with its warm and cool contrasts

Bois de Vétiver fragrance notes

Reviews of Bois de Vétiver

Very pleasant, refined opening with orange citrus and peppery, dry woods. Similar to Cartier’s Declaration but takes some of the edge off the cumin note. Gives it a cleaner, less dirty effect. Late drydown is a pleasant, woody-vetiver.

Seems very versatile for occasions and weather. Might be considered slightly more mature, maybe 30's and up, but that's just my opinion. Should be excellent for work.

Pretty good on performance as well. Projection is adequate, nothing ever loud, but still noticeable up close. Longevity is good, 7-8 hours.
23rd July, 2020
I wish all blind buys ended up as superb as this one! For a song you can grab a bottle of this glorious juice. Being a fan of all things vetiver I simply had to try this. What a more than pleasant surprise! I can describe it as an interesting cross between Dior Savage (less the 'metallic' vibe) crossed with the spiciness of Terre de Hermes and/or Declaration de Cartier. Initially a slight blast of fruitiness but wait for the awesome dry-down. The longevity is fantastic on me .. which is a rare thing - usually about 8 hours or more. The sillage is also superb on this one. I have received numerous positive comments from the ladies. ;-) Let's face it, isn't that yet another reason why we wrap ourselves in fragrance. Anyone on the lookout for a clean/fresh and somewhat original fragrance can't go wrong with this one.
26th November, 2019
The name on this is pretty accurate: woods and vetiver, in that order. I think there is some citrus going on to round it off too. Fresh and pleasing.

I am not a fan of vetiver, I have to make that clear. In this the vetiver is a bit toned down in comparison to Guerlain's, Tom Ford's or Hermes Terre flanker. This is pretty wearable and office friendly. For me, the risk with that is that it can be boring. Add a note that I don't care for and this will not be to much use for me.

For those who are fine with vetiver and want a fresh and pleasing take on it, this might be something. It will hardly bother someone. Average on both projection and longevity. I am moving on and I am neutral to this one.
18th February, 2019

Add your review of Bois de Vétiver

Shop for Bois de Vétiver products online

Shop for Bois de Vétiver at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Bois de Vétiver

There are no member images of Bois de Vétiver yet. Why not be the first?