Bleu de Chanel Parfum (2018)
by Chanel

Bleu de Chanel Parfum information

Year of Launch2018

HouseChanel
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Bleu de Chanel Parfum

Bleu de Chanel Parfum is a masculine fragrance by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2018 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge

Bleu de Chanel Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Bleu de Chanel Parfum

In a time where one new fragrance release leads to another four or five flankers - first the EdT, then the EdP and now the Parfum - Bleu de Chanel is a welcome addition.

Having tried the previous two iterations and being completely underwhelmed, Bleu de Chanel Parfum enters as the crowd-pleaser that Chanel is so good at putting together.

Inoffensive and totally versatile as anything I have ever put my nose to, the top notes of BdC Parfum mesmerise even to this day. Some list mint, others geranium and others just call it Blue (it's not! it's Bleu!!!). Whatever the top notes comprise, I get some very good synthetics combining freshly-squeezed citrus-grade freshness with luscious woods that I can't stop smelling. Some of the citrus is clearly dihydromyrcenol (DHM), but it is so tamed here and used very sensibly so as not to offend (I'm looking at you Dior!!).

The woods and indeed the classic Chanel tonka note in the base of BdC Parfum are what sets it apart from the EdT and EdP. Yes, there is amberwood here, but no harsh "incense" (if that's what you call it), just a classic men's scent - citrus/fresh top with a woody base. Admirers of classics like Chanel Pour Monsieur, YSL Pour Homme, Armani Eau Pour Homme should pay attention and sample this, as should anyone crazy enough to want to spend on Roja Dove's Elysium.

Rarely does a scent like BdC Parfum come to the market this side of the millennium. I bought a bottle the day it was released in 2018 and received a couple of compliments from work colleagues not long after from just 1-2 sprays. Given how versatile/easy to wear this is, I doubt I'll ever be without a bottle. If only I'd gone for the largest size bottle. Top marks, Chanel!
10th September, 2020
So smooth. Has the typical Chanel quality use of extremely high quality synthetics to create something of value. The blue base and vibe resemble the original BdC but this is far better as the scratchy-ness of the original is replaced by something smoother and deeper. Lasts long, wife loves it, not overpowering, and is overall an uplifting frag. Great stuff.
11th May, 2020
BdC is probably the nicest "basic b*tch" fragrance out there. There is nothing unique about any of the versions that particularly excites me. Amber, lavender, citrus. You've seen it all before.

But, Chanel lives up to its name and the scents really are done exceptionally well. The parfum version is no exception. It leans heavily into the sandalwood. Giving it a sweetness that hints at Original Santal or Joop!, but doesn't come close to cloying like those can be. It's clean, fresh, and sweet. If that's what you're looking for then look no further. I personally prefer my scents to be a bit more distinct, but BdC Parfum is definitely worth a try.
06th October, 2019
Finally a male fragrance that’s different. I’d define it as blue citrus. Good performances.
16th September, 2019
I never liked the previous attempts in this series, despite its popularity it always seemed confused and muddled, trying to cash in on trends while also creating something distinctive, an aquatic that didn't want to commit to freshness, a Chanel that was insecure in its purpose. And yet, despite all of this, it was quite popular, enough to spawn an EdP that wasn't any better.

I was curious as to what the new incarnation would smell like, a full-figured Parfum pour Homme. The Bleu Parfum is much more focused, a rich lavender that dries into a deep woody aroma without ever truly losing that lavender. The aquatic tones are much more subtle and work in service of everything else. One-to-two squirts will do you at most, and it lasts quite a while, as you might expect from a Parfum. Its projection is nice granted that you go easy on it, an arm's length with decent sillage.

I'm not sure if it fits all occasions to seasons, but there are times when this really hits the spot.
28th April, 2019
This is excellent.

Smooth lavender and citrus from the get-go: I find it less cloying and synthetic than the EdT version. A much more natural woodiness takes the forefront and, while perhaps not adding to the complexity of it, makes it a much more pleasurable experience. The spiciness of the cedar slowly diminishes as the scent dries down into a creamy grapefuit end. Quite a wonderful ride if I do say so myself.

The amount of time this scent has remained on my skin is remarkable: 12 hours and I can still smell hints of lavender resonating. Projection is above average: an arm's length but nothing past.

Going into spring, this is going to be one of my go-to fragrances. A creamy, smooth citrus rebirth and one that I can't get enough of.

03rd March, 2019