Ombre Noir (2017)

About Ombre Noir

Ombre Noir is a masculine fragrance by Lalique. The scent was launched in 2017

Ombre Noir fragrance notes

Reviews of Ombre Noir

Ombre Noire opens with a refreshingly, slight tartiness due to an amalgam of mint, fig leaf and bergamot, that smoothly transitions toward a heart straddled with rich tobacco strains and a powdery cinnamon bark, nimbly rounded by papyrus that notably delivers an Eastern, distinctive, arid earthiness to the entire accord. This dry nuance is sumptuously ripened by the plummy depth of cognac, and the ritual blessing of myrhh and incense on a dry cedar tableau of sprinkled coumarin. The end result is a dulcet oriental of an opaque 'masala' richness, thankfully far from the kitchen variety, and more in line with a graceful trail of opulence... The underrated Lalique continues to impress with its nearly borderline audacity and its fluid creativity to the designer game. Ombre Noire was a Middle Eastern exclusive yet deserves to be sought out and universally embraced especially by those who appreciate redolent fragrances. Beautiful!
16th December, 2020
Tchad Show all reviews
I bought this recently and it came during the last Spring snowstorm in Chicago... which given how it smells is entirely appropriate.

Such an interesting and different scent than the Encre Noir and Lalique Homme / Homme Voyager that I love to wear.

It starts out minty with these whisps of tobacco, but on me the mint fades FAST. Like maybe ten minutes into it it is gone. Then the fig leaf and tobacco takes over and it is like gliding into the warmest, coziest leather smoking lounge ever. Unlike the other Lalique men's fragrances, it really winds its way through you and wraps you in some other world. I don't know how to put it better than that. There are complicated things going on with Voyager, but this doesn't challenge you to figure out what is going on - it just IS.

I was literally walking around smiling and saying "oh wow" as it worked its chemistry on my skin through the afternoon.

I get no bergamot from this, which I thought was strange as I can pick up on it fast in a scent. But everything else registers to me like playing a chord one note at a time and then all together.

I think this is going to be a real keeper. The only strange thing I notice, and I don't yet have the vocabulary to express it in scent, is that I get undertones of vintage Shalimar for women here. I mean, it doesn't smell like Shalimar, but there is something here that definitely whispers it to me.

I am almost happier with this than I was with my first bottle of Encre Noir. Almost. They are totally different, but I think this is going to be in heavy rotation - especially in weather that demands more clothing. I can totally imagine the smile as I put on a jacket in which this lingers in the fibers. Great sillage so far without occupying ALL THE SPACE like Voyager Homme and White do.
28th April, 2019
Lots going on here. Smells like a minty-burnt-caramel-coffee that has some cinnamon and cognac thrown in for some extra kick and flavor. Really enjoyable and smells high-quality. Feels like it leans formal but a casual night out would suit this just fine.

Projection is good for 4-5 hours and then it dries down to a nice skin scent that lasts all work day.
04th August, 2018

Add your review of Ombre Noir

Shop for Ombre Noir products online

Shop for Ombre Noir at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Ombre Noir

There are no member images of Ombre Noir yet. Why not be the first?