Wanted by Night (2018)

HouseAzzaro
PerfumerQuentin Bisch
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About Wanted by Night

Wanted by Night is a masculine fragrance by Azzaro. The scent was launched in 2018 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Quentin Bisch

Wanted by Night fragrance notes

Reviews of Wanted by Night

Strong, spicy cinnamon. Smells synthetic. Nothing special. Bang average!
24th August, 2020
I tried the EdP of Azzaro Wanted by Night ( the EdT has brass colored 'bullets' in the bottle).

The opening is not nice. It's too much and it's quite synthetic. A sweet anise, some hints of tropical fruit (mango? tuttifrutti?) and some citrus. As said, they are not very natural fruit notes but the tropical ones are the most natural. At this stage it's sweet and sour, however, the way the sourness comes across is as if it was definitely intended to be sweet but kind of ended up smelling 'off' in a way.

It gets better though. And I think they traded off scoring with the opening for longevity of the fruit notes, which is very good.

The drydown is cinnamon, red cedarwood, ambery sweetness. In the background (and when rubbing) there are still tropical fruit notes present which is remarkable. Good projection and longevity I have to say. Sillage too probably.

All in all I have personally smelled similar note combinations in certain room perfumes (apart from the fruitiness), so this EdP reminds me of those so I cannot position it as a success/positive, even if I don't actually find it that bad, but because it's coming from Azzaro the lack of creativity in that part is not acceptable to me. This might not be the case for others! It's not the manliest in the drydown either, must be said.

A bit of (blonde) tobacco would have helped it a lot imo. I now see that Tobacco is actually listed but I don't get any of it. That said, with more tobacco, it might have gone towards a V&R Spicebomb clone.

24th November, 2019
A very nice addition to the Azzaro range, created by Quentin Bisch, who is very young and very talented creator, judging by other creations like the JPGaultier Essence and Thierry Mugler Angel Muse, both of which have a lot of body and personality. Wanted by night reminds me a little bit (but not too much) of Azzaro Elixir, but Elixir is an eau de toilette, while wanted by night being eau de parfum is a lot more lasting throughout the day and night. To my opinion, red cedarwood is also quite an original ingredient, as not many creators hace used it. Added on tobacco and cinnamon makes a perfect mix result.
07th October, 2019
I've tried it a few times. I don't know. Doesn't really impress me much. Probably just not my thing or something. Average. Does not make me want to wear it at all. Nothing interesting. Doesn't stink and not weak. Neutral.
06th October, 2019
The achievement of Wanted by Night is that it has utilised every cliche in the book from recent male perfumery and does it with enough brio to make you doubt yourself, staring down your cynicism as if the marketing people were carrying real shooters. It's not just aquatic, it's ambroxan and incense as well, with a few more trends thrown in for good measure. I'm not quite sure what question this is the answer to, beyond unthinking Christmas presents for mid-range relatives. Nice bottle.
15th June, 2019
Strong and in your face, this slightly fruity and cinnamon filled fragrance will definitely last you a few hours. Doesn't smell like 1 million,but it does remind me of that same type of vibe.
10th May, 2019

Add your review of Wanted by Night

Shop for Wanted by Night products online

Shop for Wanted by Night at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Wanted by Night

There are no member images of Wanted by Night yet. Why not be the first?