31 rue Cambon Eau de Parfum (2016)
by Chanel

31 rue Cambon Eau de Parfum information

Year of Launch2016

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About 31 rue Cambon Eau de Parfum

31 rue Cambon Eau de Parfum is a feminine perfume by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge

31 rue Cambon Eau de Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of 31 rue Cambon Eau de Parfum

Ceci n'est pas un parfum

There are perfumes, splendid perfumes, which can be analysed, explained and deduced.
And there are perfumes where something magical happens.
The combination of notes in 31RC causes my senses to purr from excitement.
A semi skinscent with a capital S. A tempting impression of chic elegance, returning again and again. An allusion almost of sweat, but not quite.

This is how I want perfume to be: indescribable.
20th February, 2020
I own and like both the EDT and EDP, though the emotional valence of this fragrance makes it a tough one to truly love.

31 Rue Cambon is relentlessly tasteful: powdery, airy, abstract, and rather cool (almost chilly) in manner. It's definitely feminine and classic in tone -- a friend called it old-ladyish, and there's certainly nothing girlish or seductive about it. This scent reminds me of someone who is invariably well-attired, is always pleasant, makes good conversation, and never gives you the slightest insight into their inner or emotional life. Good armour for work.

Both EDT and EDP are quite persistent, lasting a good 8+ hours on skin. This stuff is potent -- one spray will do, two will make a statement. The EDT is a 'larger' perfume, wafting around me for the entirety of its stay; the EDP is more polite, hugs closer to the skin, and has a tendency to disappear for a while before popping up again.

Differences: the EDT is ever-so-slightly sweeter than the EDP. In the EDT there's an almost caramelly richness in the drydown that's nevertheless not sugary or heavy -- nothing gourmand here. I suppose that's the labdanum. The drydown of the EDP is the world's chilliest, politest, least obtrusive patchouli -- how anyone could call this dirty is beyond me. (It's even more well-behaved than the drydown of Coromandel, which at least was once acquainted with fun.) In the EDP, the drydown seems deeper and more bitter --perhaps a more pronounced vetiver note?

In both EDT and EDP, it's a radiant, soft, well-blended fragrance in which the notes become very difficult to distinguish until the last hours.
04th February, 2020
Wonderful lush Chypre, or as perfumer Polge himself describes it as an “oakmoss-free chypre.” I've purchased 31 Rue Cambon in sample form three times now and I really should just splash out for a full bottle. It has easily won my heart above all the Les Exclusifs line up. This one is not for the shy or timid either. Notwithstanding the simple notes listed, 31 Rue Cambon is a complex fierce perfume and not so easily deciphered. I get hints of leather, musk, even a bit of sweat. 31 Rue Cambon has an odd habit of disappearing from my skin and popping back up. It's as though we go on a scent adventure together

After the first hour or two the dry down settles into this dirty patchouli, which I should hate, but vetiver and iris subdue and calm down the patchouli, almost relaxing it a bit. Near the end of the day there is a warm comforting radiance to it. I honestly find it hard to put into words, it's just a truly astonishing brilliant perfume.
31st December, 2018
The opening of the reformulated 31 Rue Cambon, the edp, is not quite the magical perfection of the discontinued edt. In some respects, though, as with a lot of the reformulated edp's, it feels like they've tried to add an extra dimension to the opening.

Several of the edp reformulations seem to be similar to the edt's after about 10 minutes, after the new openings have burned off.

It would be nice to have both version of 31 Rue Cambon available. I can imagine people preferring one or the other, or wanting to have both. I like both quite a bit.

I'll give it more testing, and update as necessary, but I think the reformulation of 31 Rue Cambon went better than the reformulation of 1932. It's truer to its original and seems more likely to be preferred to its original.

After 15 minutes of development, I don't know if I could tell the difference between 31 Rue Cambon edt and 31 Rue Cambon edp. Smelling them side by side, I do like the edt slightly more, but I fully endorse the new edp as a nice version of the fragrance.
22nd October, 2018

Add your review of 31 rue Cambon Eau de Parfum

Shop for 31 rue Cambon Eau de Parfum products online

Search on eBay

Member images of 31 rue Cambon Eau de Parfum

There are no member images of 31 rue Cambon Eau de Parfum yet. Why not be the first?