Paris-Biarritz (2018)

HouseChanel
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Paris-Biarritz

This fragrance celebrates the glamorous and sporty resort town of Biarritz, where Gabrielle Chanel arrived in 1915.  Perfumer Olivier Polge says of this scent: ‘I wanted to create a sensation on the skin as if each ingredient were soaked with water.’

Paris-Biarritz fragrance notes

Reviews of Paris-Biarritz

Aqua-fruit. Fresh. Not overly interesting on top. Kind of smells like a fruit juice made by some big, corporate conglomerate - something one might add wine to, to create a wine spritzer from decades ago.

Then, some white flower appears. A bit green, a tad garden-ish.

This is a somewhat dainty perfume. Never develops a crescendo. Remains rather linear as well. Pops of vetiver later, mingled with a pale musk. Borders on sporty or aquatic overall.

I expected more from Chanel for this one. Is it nice? Yes. Has it been done before? Probably. Gone in less than three hours...
05th February, 2020
Bitter grapefruit and laundry musk, very disappointing. Miles away from the exquisite Les Exclusifs Cologne
29th August, 2019
Opening is like freshly grated citrus rind, very bitter. I didn't like the first 20 minutes of P-B, but it finally floated into metallic watery notes, very shiny and light grey. A good hour later light musk.

Longevity isn't that great, and this one will need to be refreshed often. Spraying on clothing and hair teases out more and if you like a good 5-8 sprays all over, it would work well. Not my favorite of the three Les Eauxs.
06th January, 2019
This smells like Chanel is going into the territory of Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria line, which is disappointing. This does smell better than most of that line, but it's in the mix.

For the first few seconds, it smells like a promising Eau de Cologne. Within 10 minutes, though, white musk has taken over, and it smells generically mass market and forgettable.
21st November, 2018
A pretty little lemon splash. I've worn this multiple times, partly with the hope of getting to know its secrets, and partly just because I'm quite enjoying it. And after all that time invested, I think the secret of Paris-Biarritz is that it's actually remarkably simple, just a nice lemon note with a hint of powder on top and soap underneath. Just nice lemony soap. It doesn't last very long, leaving room for multiple re-applications (which I think is fun), and it doesn't do much, content to just be pretty.
16th October, 2018
I went to the SCP boutique to get Boy Chanel and checked out this one too. I used the store's testers to spray both on the back of both hands just to see how they dry down on my skin. I'm surprised at the comments that both have zero longevity because they stayed with me even after I got home some hours later. Nevertheless, I got them both and have no buyer's remorse at all.
27th August, 2018

Add your review of Paris-Biarritz

Shop for Paris-Biarritz products online

Search on ebay

Member images of Paris-Biarritz

There are no member images of Paris-Biarritz yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]