Ombre Nomade (2018)

Year of Launch2018

HouseLouis Vuitton
PerfumerJacques Cavallier

About Ombre Nomade

Ombre Nomade is a masculine fragrance by Louis Vuitton. The scent was launched in 2018 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Cavallier

Ombre Nomade fragrance notes

Reviews of Ombre Nomade

I'm surprised about the mentions of leather and rose in Ombre Nomade's reviews. The LV website does not mention either, and I don't get these notes at all. Instead the website only mentions oud, incense, raspberry and benzoin tears. But even the raspberry is very subdued to me. The oud and the incense are the strongest.

Its kinship with Nouveau Monde is definitely apparent, but Ombre Nomade is heavier on the incense and has a less pronounced fruit note, making it just a tiny bit more aggressive.

I really like most of the recent LV scents, and between this one and the others, like L'Immensite, Nouveau Monde, Apogee and Cactus Garden, I would not be able to choose a real favorite. It usually comes down to that what I'm wearing being my current favorite. To me all these scents come off as containing high quality and pure ingredients, with an above average longevity. Ombre Nomade is no exception to that.

This is one for the permanent collection.

10th May, 2020
This is nice. But not a crowd pleaser. It is a very subtle incense leather bitter chocolaty masculine fragrance, always staying very close to the skin but once you get there it has satisfying depth. It is so subtle that you think its a skin scent until you try smelling a different part of your skin and then discover that the fragrance is actually melding with your chemistry and producing a cocoon of class and masculinity.
The only similarity to Nouveau Monde is the fact that these both appear quite gentle but have surprising strength and duration. NM is fresher and lighter and woodier without incense.
That said if you have both of these then they should suffice for all your fragrance needs.

Fragrance: 7.75/10
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 8/10
17th February, 2020
Ombre Nomade is a very nice and classy rose-oud-leather. It's more accessible than many of the in-your-face rose-ouds. The leather really gives it a masculine lean.

I get a lot of leather in this, which is hit or miss with me, but enjoy this more than Tuscan Leather or even Godolphin. I would rank this just after Ombre Leather as far as accessible, pleasant leathers go. I enjoy it and feel that in moderation, this can be worn in many dressed up situations, including indoors/work. But that brings me to performance...

This really projects and lasts, so unless you are outside in the open or in a wind tunnel, be careful with the number of sprays. "Less is more" and "a little goes a long way" with Ombre Nomad. Both appropriate cliches.
17th January, 2020
Smooth blend of rose and oud. Not too animalic. Very classy and understated, but beware it's very strong, so easy to overspray. On that note, the sprayer itself is very nice and high quality.
04th May, 2019
Very close to Nouveau Monde: same perfumer, same style, same year. I prefer Nouveau Monde because of the sweet cocoa note, but this is good too. Strong sillage and longevity.
27th January, 2019 (last edited: 12th August, 2019)

Add your review of Ombre Nomade

Shop for Ombre Nomade products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Ombre Nomade

There are no member images of Ombre Nomade yet. Why not be the first?