Fougère d'Argent (2018)

HouseTom Ford
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Fougère d'Argent

Fougère d'Argent is a masculine fragrance by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2018

Fougère d'Argent fragrance notes

Reviews of Fougère d'Argent

This is clearly based on that lavender chemical that blows out my nose, leaving me unable to smell it. While I trust that I smell of metallic lavender to passers-by, all I can smell is a very faint cinnamon amber, followed by a cheap aquatic "woody amber" drydown taken straight from an Axe body spray.

Thumbs all the way down. Bad composition, bad chemistry, and a terrifyingly cheap base all combine into a complete failure.
03rd September, 2020
Didn't really like how the noted combined in this one. Fougere Platine is better blended that this one. OK, but nothing I see myself purchasing. 6.5/10
31st December, 2019
I'm not sure exactly why this is widely viewed as a take on a "traditional" fougere, given how this scent is so brazenly and abstractly synthetic that it's borderline futuristic. As the name suggests, there's a metallic edge here, though this is essentially a warm scent, an amber cloaked in hazy, green-tinged woody notes. Not very "natural" but still distinctive and appealing.

I find this to be quite a pungent, loud fragrance, and it lasts for ages on skin. I can only assume folks are going nosedeaf to it; when my wife wears it, she loses her ability to detect it fairly quickly, but it remains very detectable to any passersby.
30th October, 2019
A quite nice skin scent to remind you how much you used to love classic masculines. Spicy sweet cologne-tipped fougere.

But.

Abysmal performance. Wore a 5ml decant twice(2.5ml worth of sprays each) and could barely smell it on myself. For Tom Ford it’s a performance shocker, as one his scents usually project! Sometimes to the dismay of people who hate perfume.

Finally.

For the price, this is a rare NO from me. Stock up if you live it. I can’t imagine this sticking around long.
21st July, 2019
First thought was that it has a very common masculine profile. The lavender on top of the ginger and akigalawood seems to be the basic structure. There is something just a tad spice-like in the opening that never quite blooms into being. Overall, it reminds me of the Brut I splashed on after shaving earlier, though smelling of a completely different class of quality. Nicely blended, and I would almost hazard to say subtle for a fougere and for Tom Ford fragrances I've tried in general. It seems like many times that less potent "jump" from the opening in parfums leads to increased longevity, but that is sadly not the case for me here. Granted, I did not moisturize before sampling, but this settled to a skin scent surprisingly quick, and morphs into its final stage in about an hour. Here it is a vaguely woody with a very faint hint of labdanum, but I really have to bury my nose in here to pick it up. An updated version of a classic scent. To me, this is to Brut what Viking is to Old Spice. I like the scent, and an updated fougere would be an awesome thing to have this day and age, but the performance here is just bad. Bad enough that I'm knocking it all the way down to a thumbs down.
15th March, 2019
All I smell is woodyambers/norlimbanol/karmawood, call it agikalarshmood or whatever , smoother than the usuals but stll very much derivative . I don’t dig it.
Performance is tepid at best.
29th November, 2018 (last edited: 30th November, 2018)

Add your review of Fougère d'Argent

Shop for Fougère d'Argent products online

Shop for Fougère d'Argent at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Fougère d'Argent

There are no member images of Fougère d'Argent yet. Why not be the first?