No. 5 Eau de Toilette (1921)
by Chanel

No. 5 Eau de Toilette information

Year of Launch1921

HouseChanel
PerfumerErnest Beaux
Parent CompanyWertheimer
Parent Company at launchChanel

About No. 5 Eau de Toilette

No. 5 Eau de Toilette is a feminine perfume by Chanel. The scent was launched in 1921 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ernest Beaux

No. 5 Eau de Toilette fragrance notes

Reviews of No. 5 Eau de Toilette

It's a special kind of cozy, like sitting on a couch with a book while the fire is crackling in the fireplace. I see this as the soapier and woodier No. 5, and in a way the more intellectual one. Scratch that, the more introverted one, the more down-to-earth one. It's not the glamour gal of the parfum version, nor is it the tailored bitter bite of the EDP. If it was acting in a film, it would be the supporting character in a blockbuster, or maybe the main in an indie flick. A man could certainly use it, but, even though I see this as the woodier one, I think the other (to my nose more interesting) versions would work better.
06th April, 2021
The EDT represented by the picture here is just as HoP explains.
The early vintage EDT may be much better and more in line with the 70's Vintage EDC I find exquisite with it's appropriate Adelehydes and a really vibrant, blended Animalic supporting the Florals.
30th March, 2021
The aldehydes here are sickening. They are starchy, sweet, "not right", for me and my love of aldehydes. The thing is, if I only use one or two sprays I like this - any more than that, I get physically ill.

I smell no ylang or neroli on top. I get some jasmine and muguet in the middle. They are there but muddled, suffocated. I get no rose at all. A touch of iris later on. Has a light base in which I smell vanilla, sandalwood, and amber which sweetens this whole mess up for me to enjoy it more.

I say stay with pure perfume or the edp. Avoid the edt.

It actually smells better, is more tolerable for me, in cold weather.
23rd September, 2018 (last edited: 09th February, 2019)

Add your review of No. 5 Eau de Toilette

Shop for No. 5 Eau de Toilette products online

Search on ebay

Member images of No. 5 Eau de Toilette

There are no member images of No. 5 Eau de Toilette yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]