Aramis Tobacco Reserve (2018)
by Aramis

Aramis Tobacco Reserve information

Year of Launch2018

HouseAramis
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances

About Aramis Tobacco Reserve

Aramis Tobacco Reserve is a masculine fragrance by Aramis. The scent was launched in 2018

Aramis Tobacco Reserve fragrance notes

Reviews of Aramis Tobacco Reserve

Aramis Tobacco Reserve falls right in line with the classic bottle it's housed in and meets expectations as another well blended flanker in the Aramis line. Simple in composition, after around 15 minutes, this EDP brings the slightly powdery, sweet tobacco front and center and keeps on truckin'. Longevity on my skin with 2 sprays was 10 hours. Recommended for night time wear in cooler weather. 3/5 stars.

Note: Only 2 years old, this one already seems to be on it's way out and is getting scarce online. A 2oz bottle is currently at around $60; 3.7 oz $80; 3-5ml decants $6-10.
12th September, 2020
Bought this blind and am really glad I did. I was buying a replacement bottle of Tuscany and noticed that this had dropped in at £35 for a 110ml bottle so though "why not?".

I read somewhere that someone layered this with Tuscany and I can see why this works.

What I would say is that this is neither like the original Aramis (or any of the flankers since) and also isn't that much like Havana. Sure it shares a similar note to Havana but when I tried Havana it was like a "damp" tobacco and this is like a dry/green tobacco.

Fortunately, I don't find the Tonka in the basenotes overpowering and I find that in general I get an almost cedar like dryness throughout the middle which lasts a long time on me.

The fragrance isn't overwhelming but it's a solid addition to the wardrobe. It's inoffensive but different enough to not smell like anyone else.

Give it a try and don't get caught up in the name.
26th February, 2020
Sweet vanilla and mature, masculine tobacco. Maybe too mature for me. Has a Bay Rum feel to it [without the cloves and holiday spices] which makes it a little dated for me. At times it can feel heavy or waxy so be aware of how many sprays and what your day entails.

Best for cooler weather but can be casual or dressed up.

Projection is good to very good with 10-11 hours longevity.
19th February, 2020
Tobacco. Does not smell anything like Aramis. This is much better. It does not smell like Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. It as a well balanced, molded fragrance. Pipe tobacco, Tonka, sage in the opening. Tonka is often a fragrance killer for me, and while it is present and focused, it doesn't seem garish. Its really an herbal aromatic fragrance to me. As it dries in the mid I do get the iris (orris), but this doesn't have any of the knockout beauty or effemination that can come with it. Here it's use is more textural, giving the fragrance a smoother background creamy butter effect. Longevity was good, projection average. Ideal fragrance performance in my opinion. This is a really good fragrance. I dismissed it because it was made by Aramis, don't.
26th October, 2019
Love the slightly herbal take on tobacco vanille. Really dislike the iris (and iris in general) - it gives this a slightly thin, milky floral vibe that I’m just not a fan of. Odd Fellows Bouquet and Hemmingway are better floral alternatives but I prefer the woodsier approach of PdM’s Herod.
09th October, 2019
rbaker Show all reviews
The pink girl blast combines nutmeg with a fruity undertone, and on me the tobacco starts to rise very shortly after the beginning.

Heading towards the heart notes the tobacco grows stronger and moves into the foreground. It is a fairly smooth and soft tobacco, combining a rounded fresh-cigar impression, think Upman Havana, with touches of sweetish pipe tobacco à la Erinmore Mix. Quite a pleasant tobacco impression, who at times is enhanced by touches of a discreet sage with hints of a rather restrained iris note.

Towards the base a vanilla note becomes more noticeable and grows quickly to take over the lead. It is a rich and smooth vanilla that remains balanced enough to be never too intrusive or cloying. Memories of Tom Ford’s Tobacco Vanilla and Le Labo’s Vanille 44 come to mind, with the latter, from the same Estée Lauder stable, being a bit more nuanced and more textured.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and a superb thirteen hours of longevity on my skin.

A nice autumnal scent, this has very little to do with the delightful original. This tobacco flanker is composed of less distinguished ingredients, and it is a bit more predictable in the tobacco and the vanilla components, but it nonetheless results in an agreeable, albeit not very original fragrance. The performance is outstanding. 3.25/5

24th September, 2019

Add your review of Aramis Tobacco Reserve

Shop for Aramis Tobacco Reserve products online

Shop for Aramis Tobacco Reserve at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Aramis Tobacco Reserve

There are no member images of Aramis Tobacco Reserve yet. Why not be the first?