Supernatural Number Six (2018)
by Caswell-Massey

SupplierIFF
Parent CompanyThe Equitium Group

About Supernatural Number Six

The company say:

In 2017, we set a goal to create a formulation of Number Six that would be true to the original in its use of the most exquisite and expensive oils. We also set a goal to use natural oils for the formulation, to use 'For Life' certified oils when possible, to use the types of floral and herbal distillations that would have been available at the time of its creation, and to find the best plant-based replacements for the animal ingredients (Musk and Ambergris) that would ensure the modern scent is true to the original scent. Supernatural Number Six is the result of this year-long process, months of research, trial and error and dozens of iterations working with an incredible team of perfumers lead by IFF's Laurent LeGuernec. A remarkable scent that is every bit as beautiful and luxurious today as it was when it was introduced.

Supernatural Number Six fragrance notes

Reviews of Supernatural Number Six

rbaker Show all reviews
The bright citrus opening - a bright lemon mainly with bergamot, enriched by a neroli, but whiffs of petitgrain delivering additional zest. At times I get a nigh-metallic undertone. Soon a herbal side is added, mainly rosemary, but also whiffs of fresh chives.

Later on an ambery rose is added, but both are somewhat generic on me, as is the touch of white musks I get towards the end.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection, and eight hours of longevity on y skin.

A fresh and slightly zesty summery Cologne that is executed very well, but any attempt to veer into deeper waters in the later stages remains unconvincing though. 3.5/5
22nd February, 2021
The lemon sun shined
Down through cool, powdery clouds
And crystal clear skies.

I'd no idea
That this one was Number Six
But spies are like that.

I expected some
Older formula made new
Not past beauty now.

I expected some
Complicated timeful charms
Some this before that.

I didn't expect
Smoothness without artifice
Simple, clear and bright.

Slowly and with time
I saw her mother in her
In some youthful way

Giving the sense that
She was in fact the elder
That which cannot be.

It made me believe
That behind nature lies some
Supernatural

Where our destiny
Is repeated until we
Somehow get it right

A bit like perfume
Endlessly reborn in some
Free fall of decay.

Naturally, I
Failed to report her promptly
As Crown demanded

Letting another
Do so in certain ways that
Left me assured that

We would all be blessed
With her radiant beauty
In some grand future.
07th September, 2018
Not close to the original, "departmentstoreish". 1 hour longevity at best.
20th August, 2018

Add your review of Supernatural Number Six

Shop for Supernatural Number Six products online

Search on ebay

Member images of Supernatural Number Six

There are no member images of Supernatural Number Six yet. Why not be the first?