My Kind of Love : Princess (2018)
by By Kilian

My Kind of Love : Princess information

Year of Launch2018

HouseBy Kilian
Parent Company at launchEstee Lauder Companies

About My Kind of Love : Princess

My Kind of Love : Princess is a feminine perfume by By Kilian. The scent was launched in 2018

My Kind of Love : Princess fragrance notes

Reviews of My Kind of Love : Princess

My review is for a carded sample of the EDP I received this week from an eBay seller.

Holy toasted marshmallows and creme brûlée, Batman! This is the first thing I smell, it's immediate, it's big, with the lemon juuuuuust underneath it. It actually made me hungry. I'm impressed with the deliciousness and authenticity of this marshmallow note. This puts a big smile on my face! It's time for lunch.

The dry down is the ginger & green tea, very light, very faint.

This is a fun fragrance even though I am not particularly a fan of gourmands. I like my sugar cookie-type body scrubs from Bath & Body Works, but I don't really think anyone wants to pay Kilian money to smell like a marshmallow. Angel is still around! And Angel lasts and lasts. Princess does not. (Princess is no weakling though. I'd say it's about half of Angel's strength.)

As a perfume bottle collector, I can't say this bottle has much to recommend it in the aesthetics department. I can forgive a fragrance so much, honestly so much more than I should, if it comes in a gorgeous bottle. Or at least something with personality! Or a bottle that's fitting for the fragrance inside somehow-- I know, it's kind of the opposite of the Frederic Malle approach, but I understand and appreciate what he's doing, too-- but this bottle is just a drab little thing. The six year-old girl in me is delighted with the perfume but wants to know why the bottle is so ugly, Kilian.

Ultimately, I don't know who this fragrance is for. What comes to mind is an absentee parent, wracked with guilt, buying it for a teenaged child. And that's not a pleasant thought. At that price...

ETA: Credit where credit is due, twelve hours later this fragrance is still here on my wrist and it's still delicious.

ETA, the next day: It's still detectable, twenty-four hours after I first sprayed it on my wrist. Marshmallow-y vanilla, and pleasant, even after washing my hands several times over the past day.
09th March, 2021 (last edited: 10th March, 2021)

Like green tea roast umami with mochi mochi marshmallow texture to stunggle into bed with as you hide away in your bed.In a market with so many sweet fragrances, this is nothing new,just likeable.this is a scent of happy life a young glamorous female walking through market stalls enjoying fairy floos,having a day off from her busy ambitious city life.

The opening is a sharp alcoholic scent,but luckily it disappears after a second or two and then you're left with a smooth and creamy indulgence of caramel and vanilla,with a just tiny hint of green tea.a caramelized benzoin, creamy,powdery and a little resinous on the dry down makes it sensual enough for a night out but gentle enough to wear to sleep.the powdriness gives me an old school make up/fragrance vibe.

This fragrance is what fancy fluffy cashmere sweaters should smell like.It reminds me of the fall and the holidays.If you are look for a strong candy scent this is not at all what you are looking for.Sillage and longevity are both moderate.
28th February, 2021
Pillowy soft marshmallow in the opening, not the sickly sweet jet puffed variety found next to the pre-made graham cracker pie crusts in the store, but a more earthy marshmallow. Hint of vanilla. Green tea note is light, but still there, like the tea I often get for free at your local Chinese restaurant dive. Ginger I did not detect.

Felt like a grown up gourmand and one of the few I have like. Would be a nice gift for someone who prefers Bath and Body Works fluffy scents and needs an intro to a more mature perfume, perhaps for the teen or young adult on your gift list.

Would I buy this for myself, no, but I did enjoy testing it. Brings a smile, but not enough to add to my collection.
21st November, 2018

Add your review of My Kind of Love : Princess

Shop for My Kind of Love : Princess products online

Search on ebay

Member images of My Kind of Love : Princess

There are no member images of My Kind of Love : Princess yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]