Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver (2018)
by Hermès

Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver information

Year of Launch2018

HouseHermès
PerfumerChristine Nagel

About Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver

Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver is a masculine fragrance by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2018 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christine Nagel

Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver fragrance notes

Reviews of Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver

A truly amazing scent, a vetiver-based version of TDH, wich i admire! Truly love both scents, already used EdT too.
Amazing work, with average sillage and a brutal citrus woody opening.
20th June, 2020
Terre d' Hermes classic version is probably the most instantly regognizable perfume that exists, thanks to the genious of Jean Claude Ellena. Now it its vetiver version, really a new classic was created, and I wonder why they did not call it eau de parfum, because this new one is leaving a quite intesnse note of freshness and cleanliness throughout the day and night. Christine Nagel is the creator of also very important perfumes, for both men and women. This is a very nice blend of vetiver, sichuan pepper and amberwood.
09th October, 2019
Ehhhhhh. I don't know...

I wanted to give this one some time before reviewing it, as I'm really rooting for Hermes to get back on track with their men's releases, and furthermore I'm a huge fan of Terre d'Hermes in general, and want to see the line do well. The EDT and Parfum are two of my favorite fragrances of all time. From the jump, Eau Intense Vetiver sounded a little superfluous in my opinion, as the original Terre has plenty of vetiver in it to satisfy the need, and why add more of a note that's in an already perfectly balanced scent? But regardless, I was excited to get a bottle and see if it successfully added another dimension to the line.

Vetiver opens with a bitter, almost harsh grapefruit accord that's bracing and manages to grab your attention for better or worse. I decided I like this aspect of the opening, as it's fairly distinct, though it only lasts about 5 minutes before it recedes into the background. The vetiver then begins to develop, though quietly at first. For about the initial half hour to 45 minutes it's a reserved, middle the road vetiver, not too earthy but not grassy either. It's well done but not particularly interesting. But then around the hour mark, Vetiver Intense truly earns its moniker, as a dark, roasted, vetiver blossoms fully and completely envelopes the wearer in its warm, toasted cloud. It inflates persistently, strong and thick, occasionally hitting a synthetic note along the way. It could be the intensity, the almost searing quality of the roasted vetiver that lends this synthetic appeal, but I can understand why some people have mentioned it. But overall it's an interesting vetiver scent. It more ore less remains like this until it gradually fades away over the course of 8 to 10 hours.

I think Eau is a good take on vetiver but I don't really think this was necessary to put out. The Terre line already features plenty of vetiver and it would have been interesting to see it pushed in another more daring dimension. While I don't think Eau Intense Vetiver detracts from the prestige of the line, it does little to add to it. I haven't had much of an urge to wear it since my initial two or three wearings, and I think that says something about its personality--neither particularly charming or compelling. Final rating 7.5 out of 10. Add a full point if you love vetiver.
12th August, 2019
Dry, dry, dusty dry, all the way to the drydown, which is great, because I'm sick of billowing sweet drydowns. It doesn't smell like vetiver -- so far, nothing does, except actual vetiver -- but it does capture its dry dustiness. A perfect feminine for summer, particularly to ward off the miasma of garbage in NYC.
05th August, 2019
I actually really enjoyed this one. Not as much as the original edt but maybe better than the current formula which is weak as water.

We open up with a really sharp grapefruit note. Do I also smell Rhubarb? Maybe lemon? Anyway....It's rather nice. We then get hit over the head with some very strong but also very fresh vetiver. After an hour or so the vetiver subsides slightly and you are left with a vetiver infused woody base.

Longevity, projection and sillage are all about average.

04th July, 2019
Love the opening, but find the dry-down boring and mediocre.
11th May, 2019

Add your review of Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver

Shop for Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver products online

Shop for Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver

There are no member images of Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver yet. Why not be the first?