Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver (2018)
by Hermès

Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver information

Year of Launch2018

HouseHermès
PerfumerChristine Nagel

About Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver

Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver is a masculine fragrance by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2018 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christine Nagel

Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver fragrance notes

Reviews of Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver

Another great release by Hermès , I own the edt, fraiche and the eau intense vetiver. All 3 are great.
The Vetiver is great, more modern and can be worn in any situation, casual or dressed up. Look forward to testing this in the SoCal heat this summer. I bought the 6.7 ml because I like it that much.
05th June, 2021
Exactly like you think it should be, a quality, vetiver-centric scent over the base of the classic TdH DNA.

The vetiver is dry, clean and mature (bitter for more bite) while you also get the bright, orange peel that you'd expect. It does not fit my personal preferences but this is a must-try and I think it is of high quality.

The performance was very respectable. Solid projection without being loud and all-day longevity.
02nd February, 2021
apsyhn Show all reviews
I guess this is what they call a "dirty" vetiver.

I can see why. It's got a certain oomph. Maybe it's the pepper and possibly cedar(?), but not really very hard on the vetiver.

This has been heavy in my rotation for about a year now. I don't think I'll get tired of it soon.
01st December, 2020
A truly amazing scent, a vetiver-based version of TDH, wich i admire! Truly love both scents, already used EdT too.
Amazing work, with average sillage and a brutal citrus woody opening.
20th June, 2020
Terre d' Hermes classic version is probably the most instantly regognizable perfume that exists, thanks to the genious of Jean Claude Ellena. Now it its vetiver version, really a new classic was created, and I wonder why they did not call it eau de parfum, because this new one is leaving a quite intesnse note of freshness and cleanliness throughout the day and night. Christine Nagel is the creator of also very important perfumes, for both men and women. This is a very nice blend of vetiver, sichuan pepper and amberwood.
09th October, 2019
Ehhhhhh. I don't know...

I wanted to give this one some time before reviewing it, as I'm really rooting for Hermes to get back on track with their men's releases, and furthermore I'm a huge fan of Terre d'Hermes in general, and want to see the line do well. The EDT and Parfum are two of my favorite fragrances of all time. From the jump, Eau Intense Vetiver sounded a little superfluous in my opinion, as the original Terre has plenty of vetiver in it to satisfy the need, and why add more of a note that's in an already perfectly balanced scent? But regardless, I was excited to get a bottle and see if it successfully added another dimension to the line.

Vetiver opens with a bitter, almost harsh grapefruit accord that's bracing and manages to grab your attention for better or worse. I decided I like this aspect of the opening, as it's fairly distinct, though it only lasts about 5 minutes before it recedes into the background. The vetiver then begins to develop, though quietly at first. For about the initial half hour to 45 minutes it's a reserved, middle the road vetiver, not too earthy but not grassy either. It's well done but not particularly interesting. But then around the hour mark, Vetiver Intense truly earns its moniker, as a dark, roasted, vetiver blossoms fully and completely envelopes the wearer in its warm, toasted cloud. It inflates persistently, strong and thick, occasionally hitting a synthetic note along the way. It could be the intensity, the almost searing quality of the roasted vetiver that lends this synthetic appeal, but I can understand why some people have mentioned it. But overall it's an interesting vetiver scent. It more ore less remains like this until it gradually fades away over the course of 8 to 10 hours.

I think Eau is a good take on vetiver but I don't really think this was necessary to put out. The Terre line already features plenty of vetiver and it would have been interesting to see it pushed in another more daring dimension. While I don't think Eau Intense Vetiver detracts from the prestige of the line, it does little to add to it. I haven't had much of an urge to wear it since my initial two or three wearings, and I think that says something about its personality--neither particularly charming or compelling. Final rating 7.5 out of 10. Add a full point if you love vetiver.
12th August, 2019

Add your review of Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver

Shop for Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver products online

Shop for Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver

There are no member images of Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]