Incident Diplomatique (2017)

Incident Diplomatique information

Year of Launch2017

HouseJovoy

About Incident Diplomatique

Incident Diplomatique is a shared / unisex perfume by Jovoy. The scent was launched in 2017

Incident Diplomatique fragrance notes

Reviews of Incident Diplomatique

Don't try it !! this smelles like HENNE (product used in oriental countries to tattou woman). Honnestly i buy it and i am very angry. excuse my english.
05th December, 2019 (last edited: 08th January, 2020)
Most excellent!!

Here we have a true masculine powerhouse fragrance. Lasts an age on skin although sillage and projection are round about average.

Lots of patchouli, vetiver, nutmeg and sandalwood. There is something in this juice that reminds me slightly of the Nasomatto range. Especially Duro & Pardon. It's that swamp like DNA. Anyway....Great for formal occasions when you really want to make a statement. Top quality ingredients with a sophisticated and almost artistic feel.

19th September, 2019 (last edited: 04th November, 2019)
I received a sample of this from a generous BNer last year and loved it from the first spray so after using every drop of my sample I had to buy a bottle and did so from the wonderful Jovoy in Mayfair.

I could imagine this fragrance is hard to appreciate for the uninitiated especially if normally used to fragrances with some sweetness. There is hardly any here...but be patient. It opens dry and you will quickly reach for a glass of water to rehydrate. The quality is not in question at any point of the development and this is actually the best combination of vetiver and patchouli I have come across to date. It has plenty of depth and breadth. The blend creates a wonderfully dusty ghost note and texture of cacao and there is a hint of orange citrus but blended in as part of the whole with no separation. This fragrance is really all about the Javanese and Haitian vetivers, all spicy and dark with a smidge of earthiness and the patchouli in a supporting but essential role. Very masculine although sold as unisex.

The fragrance feels serious and probably why the name Incident Diplomatique was chosen. Could imagine most wearers would use this in a formal or business setting but I happily wear this any which way I can and all year round.
Once into the drydown there is more of a woodsy amber quality with the sandalwood joining the party and bringing in some welcomed sweetness to lighten the mood. It also brings out more of the rich and opulent facets of this beautifully composed Eau de Parfum.

To subdue some of the initial dryness I usually spray under clothing to allow the oils to heat quicker and blend with my skin oils. 3 to 5 sprays is plenty for any situation with the oily consistency helping.

Having tried the entirety of Jovoy’s current lineup this is my unrivalled favourite easily edging out Private Label and Psychedelique.

Longevity is ample at over 12 hours on my skin with projection falling into that perfect aura goldilocks zone. I highly recommend this especially to lovers of all things vetiver.

A solid 10/10.

10th September, 2019
Wow. Outdoorsmen, hunters, fishermen, campers, hikers, mountain bikers, climbers -- take notice. Incident Diplomatique is as close as it comes to the smell of a campsite in the forest. You've got a huge, dry grass note, sweetly smoky patchouli, and a diffuse sandalwood, all held seamlessly together and put into a bottle. No flowers, no fruits. Contrary to most vetiver fragrances, this one refuses to share the stage with citrus. It's all about wood and grass. Don't look for any sugar here -- unless you can detect the inherent sweetness in dried leaves and nutmeg. Although it's described as unisex, is totally masculine. Not that women wouldn't find it fun to wear. Think edgy, think wild, think savage.
04th May, 2019
This is my first review on basenotes. Excuse me my broken english and non professionalism.

Incident Diplomatique by Jovoy Paris is extraordinary, outstanding, radically 'masculine' scent without any sweeteness. Opposite to 'crowd-pleasers', 'panty-droppers' etc.. I like that concept very much. Sharp, medecinal at opening, softer, smoother at drydown. For my nose this fragrance is in the same niche like Yatagan by Caron, but maybe less complex, more linear, without pine and herbal notes. But maybe deeper at the same time. I love both.
Longevity 36+ hours on my skin. Silage moderate.
18th August, 2018

Add your review of Incident Diplomatique

Shop for Incident Diplomatique products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Incident Diplomatique

There are no member images of Incident Diplomatique yet. Why not be the first?