Qafiya Year of Zayed (2018)
by Ajmal

Qafiya Year of Zayed information

Year of Launch2018

HouseAjmal

About Qafiya Year of Zayed

Qafiya Year of Zayed is a masculine fragrance by Ajmal. The scent was launched in 2018

Qafiya Year of Zayed fragrance notes

Reviews of Qafiya Year of Zayed

There is one review of Qafiya Year of Zayed.
It is far beyond my nose or comprehension how this was geared towards Men which is the only reason that I had purchased this blind outside of that fact that I fell in love with that scent pyramid but... this is for WOMEN!

This very special and very elusive Qafiya is a ylang-ylang bomb with all of its yummy and tasty banana like floral goodness which literally smells yellow followed by a strong amber and white musk with a superbly clean agarwood backdrop that is only apparent through the heart notes about 5 hours in until itís simply ylang and white musk there after with a subdued amber accord. The agarwood in this falls by the wayside in the dry down. Yes itís apparent but Qafiya is all about a dominating ylang, white musk and amber through and through until the end, days later.

Very complex. The opening to this Qafiya is to die for with the saffron. Apparently this was modeled after the way that the Dubai mall smells according to a reviewer on Parfumo but in my opinion, itís for sure super opulent and incredibly strong for hours and hours in the usual Ajmal manner that Ďmaybeí smells like a mall but to my nose this smells like a super heavy dense amber perfume for women that I swear smells like the Cher perfume because thereís so much ylang in this.

I seriously love this perfume that was purchased blind for my birthday by my amazing Mom simply for the reason that Iím smitten over Ajmalís Exotic Amber that uses the same exact base notes. To my dismay, blending is a bitch apparently because I was expecting heavy base notes of oud and amber. This for sure smells like an exquisite mall in a sense spritzed with perfume and just that... Ďperfumeí. I still cannot believe that this was made in commemoration of the late Sheikh Zayed and is supposed to be for dudes. This to my nose leans so far feminine that itís ridiculous, not even exaggerating.

This reminds me of Cherís perfume, the one from the 80ís, for real. Itís the first thing that had popped into my brain. Iíll tell you that the oud in this is exquisite that unfortunately fades away into ylang and a piercing white musk note in the very long end so the oud here is minimal.

Nuclear. This requires a few Ďdropsí. Not atomized. This scent is very, very strong with heavy sillage. Super unique odor that clearly to my nose belongs on a Woman and my God will she smell intoxicating.

Iím sad over this. The flacon and presentation is top along with this smell but alas, Qafiya year of Zayed is for girls who love leaving a heavy and intoxicating wake of yellow flowers, amber and white musk. Thumbs up for this 100%, just wish I could wear it, ugh.
08th March, 2020

Add your review of Qafiya Year of Zayed

Shop for Qafiya Year of Zayed products online

Search on ebay

Member images of Qafiya Year of Zayed

There are no member images of Qafiya Year of Zayed yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]