Burvuvu (2018)

Year of Launch2018

HouseJanuary Scent Project
PerfumerJohn Biebel

About Burvuvu

Burvuvu is a shared / unisex perfume by January Scent Project. The scent was launched in 2018 and the fragrance was created by perfumer John Biebel

Reviews of Burvuvu

Cedar overdose at first. Smells great! Good amounts of flowers, too. Fizzy patchouli, ginger, and amber. You gotta love rose and wood to wear this one. Eventually I smell fresh, store-bought, potting soil and mushrooms.

I mostly smell cedar throughout the life of the fragrance. Rose and patchouli are still fairly dominant. Hours later I get a dose of the castoreum - not too much, just enough. This frag vaguely reminds of one I already have in my collection. Aramis Calligraphy Rose, maybe - but better!
16th September, 2020
A cedar in falsetto—higher pitched, sweeter, and softer than you thought it could be rendered. The rose is prominent, but serves to enhance the woods, like a more American take on a classic oud. There is something like soil: clean, damp earth, call it the mushroom if you want, though I feel like it’s missing some of the airy umami qualities that could bring.

It’s beautiful, like a dark enchanted forest, twinkling faeries and all—an image that doesn’t really suit me, but is lovely to experience. It’s very much in the Biebel style of wearable weird with a smile—it’s perfectly level-headed and well-mannered, but here I am wishing it had a bit more of a temper.
19th February, 2020
I loved IsoESuperman's joke about the name of this fragrance:

Person 1: "That smells good, what are you wearing?"

Person 2: "Burvuvu."

Person 1: "CALL AN AMBULANCE THIS MAN IS HAVING A STROKE"

LOL!

Anyway, as for Burvuvu the review. This smells a LOT like Rume by Slumberhouse in the opening. Although bay leaf isn't listed, it smells like there is some in there. I also smell the geranium as well. Burvuvu is smoother and more accessible overall than Rume. I get a vibe that smells like wine to me in the opening of both Rume and Burvuvu. I also get some clove in Burvuvu's opening that ghosts in and out. Burvuvu also has the cedar blast in the dry down that is missing from Rume altogether. There is a buttery note in Burvuvu that persists from the mids through the dry down. Another nice entry from the talented John Biebel!
06th January, 2019
Hmm! My nose hits that Castoreum at the beginning, unlike most scents in my wardrobe, which, for the most part, carry a waft up from the base.
Wood Musk, yes, Patch and perhaps a carving of Honey.
The real interesting part is the Rose. Biebel has revealed yet another facet of the Soliflore, with a match to a Geranium's stiff citric. I know,I know, Geranium Rose.
Yes, however, watch the blending. Presentation is a near perfect, Citric, Tannic Sugar balance that is set within a Cedared Forest. Dried Fungal Lichen, slightly poisoned,adds a strange sinister.
Perhaps it's Tonkin that trails an accord that seems
exquisite-ly "Magic"
27th October, 2018 (last edited: 18th February, 2019)

Add your review of Burvuvu

Shop for Burvuvu products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Burvuvu

There are no member images of Burvuvu yet. Why not be the first?