Coffee Break : Golden Dallah (2018)
by Xerjoff

Coffee Break : Golden Dallah information

Year of Launch2018

HouseXerjoff

About Coffee Break : Golden Dallah

Coffee Break : Golden Dallah is a masculine fragrance by Xerjoff. The scent was launched in 2018

Coffee Break : Golden Dallah fragrance notes

Reviews of Coffee Break : Golden Dallah

My first try from Xerjoff’s Coffee Break collection is Golden Dallah, the member of the collection that seems to be reputed to actually contain the most coffee. I definitely fall into the camp of immediately smelling cannabis upon first spray, perhaps the effect the named Cambodian oud note, the overall blend smelling like a mix of cannabis, coffee, resins, and just a touch of cocoa. It’s a great blend that hints at being a sweet gourmand while really only being partly that, instead a coupling of the cocoa/resins and oud/cannabis aspect. And it performs very well, with strong projection from the onset and seemingly quite great longevity. To clarify, though, the coffee is present but not dominant. I would not label this a coffee-rich, let alone a coffee-dominant fragrance, at least based on how it smells on my skin.

The cannabis accord in Golden Dallah reminds me of two of Dua Fragrances’ two original blends—Cannabliss with the Mobster and Pineapple Express—with Golden Dallah landing somewhere between the dark boozy tobacco vibe of the former and fresh fruity aspect of the latter.

Golden Dallah is priced at $235 for 50ml and is sold by great boutiques like Beverly Hills Perfumery and Luckyscent as well as Saks Fifth Avenue and the Xerjoff Universe website. I obtained my sample from the Xerjoff website but both Beverly Hills Perfumery and Luckyscent sell the official spray samples in addition to full bottles.

Overall, this is a clear winner that may be a little challenging due to the sort of cannabis/oud accord, but for those that enjoy it, it might be a welcome, daring, semi-gourmand.

8 out of 10
06th January, 2021
I approached Golden Dallah with some hesitation as I’m not a coffee person – the stuff makes me nauseous and its aroma I find little better. Add hot spices on top and I’m even less inclined. But fortunately, Golden Dallah is first and foremost an amber oriental; the coffee note is well submerged in the mix and given a nice hazelnut twist, which tames it and makes it more companionable. The volley of spices are delivered in a genteel, herbal, almost barbershop manner, providing uplift to the more traditional gourmand notes – coffee, cocoa, tonka, hazelnuts – rather than weighting them down.
The quality I appreciate most about Golden Dallah is that it wears its richness lightly; it’s not oppressive, rather there’s a sunny, balmy quality about the experience of this perfume. It remains refreshing despite being a calorie bomb, deploys gourmand notes without turning into dessert; that, in my book, is perhaps as close as one gets to having one’s cake and eating it.
Lasts for days on end on clothes and, surprisingly, improves with age, showing its oudy side.
22nd December, 2020
Golden Dallah initial review: Warm, Unique, inviting, dark, spicy, coffee /chocolate fragrance.

Wow. Now this is something special, warm and inviting. Straight off I get chocolates (slightly boozy) and right underneath are those spices used within Arabic coffee. Arabic coffee is mostly unroasted and we add spices to it (cardamom is a must , cloves , saffron some add cinnamon and ginger ). It's served using a Dallah hence the name here . So we have here Arabic coffee with its spices after that chocolate blast along with a good amount of incense. The chocolate then becomes more dusty. Some sweetness comes along from amber and tonka. Arabic coffee is usually served with something sweet including dates, chocolates or other sweets . It's used mostly in special events, visits, gatherings and religious holidays. Many burn oud (incense/bukhoor) in such environments. I see the image they are trying to get at . Rose? maybe there is a small amount.

It's a unique fragrance. I don't recall any fragrance that smells close to it . It has an idea and image behind it. its creative. I'm very impressed .

Performance is very good.
13th June, 2020
From the gorgeous bottle to the exotic potion within, Xerjoff's "Coffee Break: Golden Dallah" - a spicy oriental wonder - is quite a fragrant experience!

Golden Dallah is a reference to a fancy, metallic dispenser from which coffee can be poured, utilized in Middle East countries. (You can get several good images if you enter "dallah" into an ebay search line.)

This is a medium strength EdP with definite cocoa, hazelnut, tonka, incense, and amber notes present, creating a yummy, smoky aura. There is a just-discernible touch of rose around the edges, and a fairly clean woody oud in the heart.

Great performace and a memorable scent!
05th January, 2019

Add your review of Coffee Break : Golden Dallah

Shop for Coffee Break : Golden Dallah products online

Search on ebay

Member images of Coffee Break : Golden Dallah

There are no member images of Coffee Break : Golden Dallah yet. Why not be the first?