L'Interdit (2018 version) (2018)
by Givenchy

L'Interdit (2018 version) information

Year of Launch2018

HouseGivenchy
PerfumerFanny Bal
PerfumerDominique Ropion
PerfumerAnne Flipo
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About L'Interdit (2018 version)

L'Interdit (2018 version) is a feminine perfume by Givenchy. The scent was launched in 2018 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Anne Flipo, Dominique Ropion and Fanny Bal

L'Interdit (2018 version) fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Interdit (2018 version)

Just annoyed the perfume counter lady by turning up my nose at it with extreme prejudice. From the big tank of generic cheap pink Angel-spawn. Zero relation to original l'Interdit, and I've checked this against my vintage pure parfum.
18th October, 2019
Givenchy – Interdit (2018 version)

The original of Interdit, containing 18 ingredients, made no impression at all on my nose. So subtle as to be undetectable.

The new version, containing but five ingredients (Orange Blossom, Jasmine, Tuberose, Vetiver, Patchouli) is hardly subtle, nor does it contain any of the five named that are recognizable to my nose. What it does scream out is “ANGEL COPY.”

Yes, a fruitier (if that were possible) version of the original Angel, but with all of Angel’s juices firmly in place.

This is a screamer, a screecher if you will, and only the truly bold and brave may apply. Were this not a copy, I would give it high praise, but as a blatant copy with no originality, all it can muster from me is a neutral.

Too bad I can’t recommend the original vintage either. Interdit in any form just doesn’t cut the mustard, though anything to cut this rather shrill scent would have been welcome.

09th October, 2019
L'Interdit (2018) by Givenchy is bubblegum tuberose turned up to 11. Typically, we can find this type of tuberose in niche fragrances, but it is loud and clear in this designer offering.

My husband said that I smell like bubble gum with a little bit of mint. He seems to like it.

I'm not getting bubblegum, but I am getting a juicy grape/cherry note that lasts for hours. Normally fruity notes bother me, but this is bright, happy, and almost good enough to eat. Sometimes this smells a little like Dr. Pepper with a pretty woody floral background. I don't really smell patchouli, but after a couple hours, a green musky note appears.

I'm quickly make my way through a sample, and that is usually a sign that I enjoy a fragrance.

Excellent performance...

3.5/5
08th July, 2019
An elegant floral semi-gourmand. Yes, L'Interdict's opening is kind of candied and vaguely reminiscent of old school immaculate ethereal scents a la Lancome Poeme, Chopard Cashmere, Gaultier Classique, Dior Dune, Beverly Hills Giorgio and Cacharel LouLou (in a lighter way). The connection between balmy tuberose, creamy sambac jasmine and "victorian" orange blossoms is easily discernible. Patchouli is the olfactory connective element providing structure and maturity. The note of sambac jasmine is heady and creamy, conjuring me immediately several original Mugler Alien's more resinous/vanillic flankers as Alien Essence Absolue. I detect some muskiness a la Narciso Rodriguez or Elie Saab as well. Tuberose is there but slightly accessorial to a dominant creamy jasmine which is wrapped by a warm and luscious vanille/patchouli-dominant mantle (even enriched by hints of amber, sandalwood and resins). A really sophisticated fragrance, kind of clean, sensual, bright and sublimely chic.
10th March, 2019
The opening was full on artificial (candy) plum, then it softens with just a little bit of sugar, some bitterness and a pinch of powdery floral (the tuberose is gorgeous and not overpowering). I loved it at first sniff for being very different and can’t wait to smell the vintage version.
01st December, 2018

Add your review of L'Interdit (2018 version)

Shop for L'Interdit (2018 version) products online

Search on eBay

Member images of L'Interdit (2018 version)

There are no member images of L'Interdit (2018 version) yet. Why not be the first?