Gentleman Eau de Parfum (2018)
by Givenchy

SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Gentleman Eau de Parfum

The company says:

Peppery effervescence riffs with the gentle and aromatic lavender. Contrasting notes built upon a beating floral heart. Warmed up with Tolu balm, the Iris heart plays a solo, full of strength and delicacy played out with a masculine pitch. The base echoes with woody patchouli and the sensuality of black vanilla. Oriental and addictive. A rhythmic scent to accompany you through the night.

Gentleman Eau de Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Gentleman Eau de Parfum

Nik70 Show all reviews
It's OK - quite sweet opening that does not develop to anything incredibly interesting or masculine. I get sweet floral notes and patchouli, no black pepper in the opening whatsoever. There's tons of vanilla at the heart and dry down. That's all you get. I was hoping for more sophistication.

sort of blah
06th August, 2020
Another one of these lipsticky / old lady's purse smelling fragrances - just doesn't smell masculine or appealing to me in any way.
If you like LaNuit or Dior Homme, then you'll probably like this one too (I notice it mainly seems to be French Designer Houses that have all jumped on this trend...)
For me, it's a definite big thumbs down.
03rd May, 2020
I love this scent. Since Lolita Lempicka binned their Au Masculine and Guerlain did the same to LIDGE, I had been left without a signature scent until the coming of the Gentleman Givenchy Eau De Parfum.

Late one Saturday afternoon while trying out the new range of Guerlain and Givenchy ( I was working through the alphabet!! ), I sprayed this onto my wrist and over an hour later couldn't stop pressing nosing my skin as the scent kept drawing my nose back to my wrist all through the evening.

The dominant note is the powdery iris which I simply love. This is a delicious and exciting scent with warm and sweet notes of spice and vanilla. Projection is good and lasts around 7 to 8 hours, staying on the skin for up to 10/12 hours.

The bottle is jet black with a clear lower section and base which keeps it fashionable while extending life to the original-style Givenchy bottle. I purchased the 100ml bottle as part of a gift set which came with a very handy 15ml travel spray. If you love gourmand fragrances with that lovely floral sweetness and more, go for this and I'm sure that like me, you will not be disappointed.

Rating : 4.5 out of 5 stars
24th January, 2020 (last edited: 23rd January, 2020)
I loved the vanilla on paper. I loved the pine feeling on my skin. While I was looking at the flankers, the male S.A. said: what does Monsieur like? “It’s for me.” “It’s a male fragrance, madam.” “I’ve not seen its penis yet, sir.”
I’m currently loving the spices as well. I don’t know why I got feelings of l’Eau des Baux. Well, I kind of know, the vanilla, the spices... but it’s very different anyway.
26th November, 2019
Gentleman EdP comes off to me like the bastard child of iris-showcase Dior Homme (2005), and some old-school '70s powerhouse thanks to its sharp patchouli and lavender.

It's interesting when you smell it evolve. It has a yin-yang quality as the iris has that smooth, almost feminine, earthy floral, and the patchouli is...well, patchouli. Lorson and Cresp are certainly giving a hat tip to the more rambunctious scents of the '70s and '80s, while maintaining the more restrained and safer tendencies of the modern fragrance world. It lists "floral notes" in the profile, and I'm not sure that they work too well in this. The black pepper gives this a bit of a spicy, oriental feel, but something in the "floral notes" -- it almost reminds me of carnation -- is not jiving with the whole theme for me.

It's an interesting fragrance for sure, but one that seems confused to me, and lacking a cogent theme. This is best used on a cold, romantic evening, as there is nothing about this fragrance that seems suitable for the office, casual wear, or warm weather. I'm sure that Gentleman EdP has its fans, but this is not my cup of tea by a longshot. I'm not a fan.

I'm being generous with my neutral rating for this, in my opinion.
11th September, 2019
I agree with Bigsly's review, this one is super simple, and also, mostly inoffensive. I like to think of it as a modern man's Armani Code. With vanilla and iris being the key notes here, it's in the style of Dior Homme Intense, but lacks the depth and dynamic. DHI is hard to pick the right time to wear, this one is a much easier grab. Worth it, if you can find it for a good price. Performance and quality both surpassed my expectations.
27th July, 2019

Add your review of Gentleman Eau de Parfum

Shop for Gentleman Eau de Parfum products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Gentleman Eau de Parfum

There are no member images of Gentleman Eau de Parfum yet. Why not be the first?