Koh-i-Noor (2018)

Koh-i-Noor information

Year of Launch2018

HouseAreej le Doré

About Koh-i-Noor

Koh-i-Noor is a shared / unisex perfume by Areej le Doré. The scent was launched in 2018

Reviews of Koh-i-Noor

Take generous helpings of ylang ylang, tuberose, and gardenia and whip them all together in a blender with a bowl of the most delicious lemony, banana custard. Add in a tincture of deer musk, a slight bit of oud, and some real-smelling sandalwood, and--voila!--the most gorgeous, deeply satisfying scent I have smelled in ages.

If you enjoy the vintage nature of indolic florals and/or slight animalics in your fragrances, Koh-i-Nor truly satisfies this itch. There is nothing overtly "stinky" here, although the florals seem almost like ones that could eat you if they wanted. The whole thing is richly dense and custardy, but not overwhelming. The sillage is strictly personal and doesn't send others scurrying for cover. It reminds me a bit of Inferno Russo, but I can definitely wear this one with more ease.

Also, in the dry down there is a note (or two) that smells both "cheesy" and slightly like beeswax. I have no true idea whether this is the gardenia or the oud, but regardless, it fills me with the most intense and warm sort of smelling-pleasure.

07th June, 2019 (last edited: 20th December, 2019)
Zephyr has nailed the extraordinary aspects of this Beautiful thing.
The Areej sweet, tart Lemon and Musk is trademark.
Jasmine Sambac Indol Benzoined sweetness, tames the wall of thick buttery Tuberose Indol that can for me suffocate.
The Lemon works to separate layers of Tuberose Heavy cream rot, to have it's Indol merely act as a mild exotic seasoning.
In this way, this scent holds some similarity to Aftel Cepes and Tuberose, for me.
High quality and number of ingredient provides for a denseness of texture and enveloping Symphonic.
It presents initially as a BIG feminine, however the absence of frilly Floral, plants it squarely in the Genderless.
The Animalic, nicely, rubs to the side of a Yummy ripeness.
I like, most scents Areej I have tasted.
Koh-i-Noor. I'm Sexy in Love.
07th June, 2019
This is seriously intense - and has incredible longevity!

It's a very rich natural musk/floral composition that has so many "stages" it's more similar to an Opera than anything I can properly compare it to.

There is an incredible REAL tuberose - the kind that has that weird scent that you would only recognize if you have smelled it in its truest form - this is not camphorus, but rather dense - and is reminiscent of the composition in Mandy Aftel's Cepes and Tuberose - which I did not connect until reading Kafkeasque's review in which she mentioned the scent that real tuberose absolute has, and compared it to mushrooms.

But that is just ONE aspect of this very intense work - there are undulations of deer musk, Mysore, and Jasmine - and somehow these work so harmoniously, you don't quite notice the shift - oh, and the LEMON! I almost forgot - this is really noticeable! It's so neat, how it lifts the scent - like an Aria sung by a clear soprano.

I'm sure I can do a better review later - but I wanted to write something on this while I was wearing it - it is so complex!
19th March, 2019

Add your review of Koh-i-Noor

Shop for Koh-i-Noor products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Koh-i-Noor

There are no member images of Koh-i-Noor yet. Why not be the first?