1957 (2018)

HouseChanel
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About 1957

Exclusively available in Chanel's boutique at No.15 East 57th Street in New York City until February 2019.

Reviews of 1957

This beautiful scent is like a airy breeze that just caresses your senses with it's multi faceted complex scent accords. It shimmers on your skin showing notes of white musk, bergamot, iris, neroli, cedar and regal powdery touches sweetened by honey.

When you first spray the scent upon your skin you are greeted with fresh sparkling aldehydes closely followed by orange blossom. These aldehydes do weave in and out of the scent during the course of it's evolution. But the star of the show is the musks which blend beautifully with all the other subtle notes.

The projection is within arms length and it does have decent sillage and a distinct presence over it's long life of over several hours.

I'm quite impressed , it's a clean refreshing complex light breezy scent that tantalizes your senses with it's beautiful aromas. Big thumbs up!

18th September, 2020
Clean. Clear. Nearly dainty white musk. "Perfume-y". Fresh (an overused term, I know). Skewed, modified iris note. I would guess this as something other than a Chanel creation, upon initial sampling. Diptyque, perhaps? The bergamot smells like the bark, or stem, or branches of said plant. Then, more leafy stuff. Flowers here, without being stuffy or flower-shop intense are fine. Dewy-green, actually.
There is a lot of pale greenery here. Unisex stuff, for awhile. This seems to be a cross between an organic green garden, aromatic-oxygenated thing, and a neo-chemical fragrance. To me, and only me, this seems WAY more modern than "1957". It seems way more air-freshener, than perfume, perhaps fragrance spray, in a good way. I enjoy it, no doubt.
There is a cactus juice thing, in the background. Green honey. Green wood. Some thing here almost makes me cringe in a frightened, cannot-admit-I-love-this-thing mindset. I would not buy a full bottle of this (too expensive for what it is) - I DO state, it smells really good, in an oddball way.
29th August, 2019
There are few scents that I consider ephemeral and 1957 is certainly one (the other I could think of is L’eau de Hiver by Frederic Malle which is texturally close but more powdery).

1957 is complex and alluring, with dichotomous notions of both warmth and coolness. There are times when I put it on and forget about it only to find myself taken aback by the bubble of it’s beautiful presence.

It a scent that others will smell it more than you would when you put it on. It bellows a tad louder for the first 5 hours then settles into skin and hangs on for a couple more hours.

Beautiful creation which I am glad I finally decided to get a full bottle of!
04th April, 2019

Add your review of 1957

Shop for 1957 products online

Search on eBay

Member images of 1957

There are no member images of 1957 yet. Why not be the first?