Mr. Burberry Indigo (2018)
by Burberry

Mr. Burberry Indigo information

Year of Launch2018

HouseBurberry
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian
Parent CompanyBurberry
Parent Company at launchBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige

About Mr. Burberry Indigo

Mr. Burberry Indigo is a masculine fragrance by Burberry. The scent was launched in 2018 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian

Mr. Burberry Indigo fragrance notes

Reviews of Mr. Burberry Indigo

Wow! This one's a new favorite!
I've had a few other Burberry fragrances before, such as London and Brit Rhythm, and I wasn't very impressed with them, so my expectations for this one wasn't high, but I'm quite impressed!
I don't know if this is comparable to the original Mr Burberry or other flankers, because I don't remember all that well what Mr Burberry smelled liked when I sampled it a several years ago, except that this is not so sweet and bland as that was.

This is a fresh, herbal-woodsey fragrance. like a more modernized 80s, retro-style throwback, but lighter, richer, and more nuanced than some of those strong overpowering 70s and 80s scents. Perhaps a modern homage to those classic frags like the original Polo (Green). And it's really very well done! Really nicely blended herbal notes that come together beautifully!

The accords in this one develop really nicely, from a fresh, gentle spicy-citrus, barely sweet opening, into a damp, mossy, but still fresh with Spearmint heart-notes, giving it some lift and freshness, while the Oakmoss and Musk keep it feeling very earthy and grounded. I was surprised that there's no Vetiver listed here, because it does have something of that fresh-cut-grass scent to it. I think it's Violet leaf and Rosemary that give that, giving it a really nice herbal fresh smell throughout the duration. It smells like an herbal garden that backs onto a forest, early with the morning dew.

I think this makes for a really great Springtime, early summer scent. If you're into layering, this layers amazingly with HeWood Rocky Mountain, and Quorum Silver.

I hope more folks give this a try, and let us know what they think!
01st May, 2020 (last edited: 12th May, 2020)
Mr. Burberry Indigo is the first Burberry I've bought in quite a while and I am not disappointed. There is a lemon and black currant sour tart opening that livens up the dry violet with a gothic tone and, the driftwood and spearmint heart note feels friendly like a dark fougere. The spearmint is very light but lifts up the violet and driftwood fadeing into an amber musk. This is a proper stiff upper lip, Bristish city scent. The darkness of the currant and violets with the dry woods hint at black boot leather without the leather. Add a bit of leather? Thumbs way up!
23rd April, 2020 (last edited: 24th April, 2020)
The EDT of Mr. Burberry was not to my liking but I enjoy the EDP. For this Indigo version, remove the sweet, fruity orange in the EDP and replace with minty, green violet leaves. That stays around well past the opening but eventually gives way to a very pleasant woody-amber in the late stages of the drydown. Feels very versatile for many occasions and will probably work for most temps.

Projection is decent for the first 3-4 hours and then the skin scent hangs around into the 6-7 hour range.
05th April, 2019 (last edited: 03rd August, 2019)

Add your review of Mr. Burberry Indigo

Shop for Mr. Burberry Indigo products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Mr. Burberry Indigo

There are no member images of Mr. Burberry Indigo yet. Why not be the first?