Bleu Satin (2018)

Year of Launch2018

HouseMDCI
PerfumerCecile Zarokian

About Bleu Satin

Bleu Satin is a masculine fragrance by MDCI. The scent was launched in 2018 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Cecile Zarokian

Reviews of Bleu Satin

There is one review of Bleu Satin.
Easy on those blind buys, fellas--the next Aventus this is not. I got my bottle in two days ago and have been able to wear it twice so far. It is surprisingly weak, tepid juice; a fruity concoction lead by watermelon that opens with a brief, juicy flash and then all but disappears in a matter of 10 minutes. The fruity accord which drives Bleu Satin (it's not "Blue" Satin) feels thin and shallow. The fragrance itself basically just consists of this accord and something that's supposed to approximate soft leather in the base, so overall it's a very simple and thin/weak fragrance which has almost zero complexity or depth. It doesn't project at all. I need to put my nose an inch up to my skin to smell anything 10 minutes after applying 5 sprays to my arm. I'm not joking, not exaggerating or using hyperbole...it is THAT weak. Let's put it this way: I put on 10 sprays 10 minutes ago and my wife cannot smell it on me. I asked her how she liked it and she said, "What? I don't smell anything. I smell coffee." ( I had made a pot of coffee earlier.)

Anyway, my only hope is that I'm experiencing a severe case of "new bottle syndrome." I've noticed that a lot of times a fragrance will smell very weak when I spray it out of a brand new sealed bottle for the first couple of weeks. Then after a few weeks the juice really opens up and becomes stronger. I sincerely hope that's the case here because I really wanted to like this fragrance. I was very excited about it when I saw the note pyramid and realized it was being produced by Parfums MDCI, a house which traditionally is very good. I would love to be proven wrong and have to come back and eat my words, but I'm pessimistic about the possibility. Bleu Satin is just so weak and unimpressive it's hard to believe my bottle is capable of making some kind of drastic improvement over the next several weeks.

Side Note: The only way I'm sort of enjoying this is buy pulling my undershirt up to my nose and smelling the fabric which I doused heavily in the scent. When I do that, it smells nice, but it involves shoving my shirt into my nose, having sprayed it about 6 times...and it's still a very light smell.

EDIT/FINAL NOTE: This was NOT a case of new bottle syndrome. It is a weak, poorly performing, FLAT, and uninteresting fragrance. My "new" bottle quickly became "no bottle" as I sold this one off immediately after my fourth full wearing of the fragrance and realizing that nothing at all had changed. The only satisfaction I'm gettin from Bleu Satin is watching its little Fragrantica score plummet as more real reviews come in from people who have actually tried it.

*one other thing: it is not remotely comparable to Aventus, unless you think anything with fruit is automatically similar to Aventus. The two smell nothing at all alike.

UPDATE: 8/13/19: Having had some time to step away from Bleu Satin, I can safely say, in retrospect, that this was easily the worst fragrance I've sampled in the last year. It is absolutely terrible, and its production is a shameful reflection of the direction MDCI has taken of late. Hopefully they get their shit together and never release anything like this again.
12th August, 2019

Add your review of Bleu Satin

Shop for Bleu Satin products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Bleu Satin

There are no member images of Bleu Satin yet. Why not be the first?