Bana Banana (2019)

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PerfumerCéline Ellena
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About Bana Banana

Bana Banana is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 2019 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Céline Ellena

Bana Banana fragrance notes

Reviews of Bana Banana

rbaker Show all reviews
The opening starts with the banana blossoms and a good measure of the fruit, a bit synthetic and at times more akin to a banana smoothie. There is a mix of some other constituents in the background, nutmeg flower, white pepper, builder leaves and whiffs of muguet - bit these are all weak on me and don’t really make a significant impression.

The drydown is dominated by a slightly powdery iris, but an agreeable jasmine is present too, as is the mighty banana of course.

The base is still preserving the - yes, banana, which is given added by a tonka that is also sweet; but whilst this is clearly a sweet composition that started of verging on the sickly sweet and towards the smell of butyric acid, the sweetness is soon more balanced and never really too intrusive or cloying.
Towards the end an ambery load of white musks merges with the rest of the mix in quite a pleasant way.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection, and a magnificent twelve hours of longevity on my skin.

This is a spring scent that, for a change, has a name that describes its character quite correctly. A nice banana, but overall this creation is too generic and synthetic to entice. The performance is splendid. Quite good, but I am not going bananas over this one. 2.75/5
18th October, 2020
The opening is a childish fragrance, a full banana candy, a strong artificial smell, and nothing else. I really disliked it. Then it softens (but stays very potent) with a powdery floral dominated by a strong violet and becomes more mature and very interesting. The powdery feel directly made me think of Un bois farine. Great, uplifting, different and therefore full-bottle worthy.
27th April, 2020
This review is from a small 1 ml sample. I will change/update this review if deemed necessary, when I sample this fragrance again. I feel any perspective is helpful though, so here is mine.

A highly anticipated fragrance, but overall falls short and lackluster to me. The idea was well thought out, but execution was not. The opening is awesome, a green over-ripened banana, with some jasmine behind it, it does feel a bit more feminine. It becomes a bit more masculine when the spices kick it up, notably highlighted by nutmeg, giving it an almost gourmand quality, as the the tonka begins to peak through. By the dry down, I smell no banana, I only smell a lot of tonka, jasmine, and overall, just becomes a scrubber. I don't like the combination of jasmine and tonka, it literally makes me sick to my stomach. Fortunately, this doesn't project enough at this point to get into my air waves.

I am keeping it neutral for now, because the opening and mid are ok, but the dry down is not. This is only my completely biased review, so don't take it as factual.
27th March, 2019

Add your review of Bana Banana

Shop for Bana Banana products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Bana Banana

There are no member images of Bana Banana yet. Why not be the first?