Aventus Cologne (2019)

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Aventus Cologne

The company says:

The House of Creed introduces a new universal fragrance, based on its most iconic scent, Aventus. Introducing Aventus Cologne, the rebellious counterpart to the bestselling Aventus. Urban spirited, individualistic and fashion-forward, this aromatic fruity Eau de Parfum is inspired by a classic uplifting cologne for men and is as much surprising as it is the new classic in men's fragrance.

Aventus Cologne fragrance notes

Reviews of Aventus Cologne

This is essentially the wood and ambrox heart of the original Aventus, but with fresh-squeezed orange juice and bits of other citrus on top instead of the pineapple. And for some reason, they added a pinch of cheap aquatic "woody amber" to the base (I guess in a failed attempt to make it more "sporty"?).

If you love Aventus and Creed in general, I can't imagine you hating this, but it's not likely to win over Aventus's haters. I'm tempted to lower my vote to a neutral because of the "woody amber", but this smells so good on me in uncomfortably sweaty heat that I have to go for a thumbs-up...
23rd August, 2020
The contrasts found in original Aventus are softer and more subtle for a quieter but still very crisp cologne version of the now classic Creed Aventus. The tart citrus opening is slightly softer and the dry ashen base is more transparent. Aventus Cologne is the probable successor /replacement for Pure White Cologne which has never really struck gold in the Creed line-up. I am surprised I like this as much as I do. It is not worth the price, yes, but its hard to find anything objectionable. There is nothing revolutionary or new with Aventus Cologne, but you get a well made, hot weather compatible, Aventus styled flanker that is a pleasure to wear especially in warm weather. Aventus Cologne follows Aventus original; just as Declaration Essence followed Cartier Declaration - 20 years earlier with improvements that will extend the audience, but also dilutes the personality of the original creation.
01st August, 2020
Personally, I find Aventus Cologne a fairly disappointing experience. After seeing other people's reviews my expectations had been managed but I still couldn't give more than a neutral for this.

It opens with a generic freshness that's followed up by a synthetic undercurrent of "nice smell". It's not unpleasant at all but it just isn't great. It puts me in mind of Prada Luna Rossa. I'm not saying that the notes are the same but the experience is very similar. Generic, fresh, synthetic.

I love the original but I do feel that it hasn't aged well due to the saturation of sauvage and others making it a cliché to smell so boldly "nice". Every other dude at work or in the supermarket now strongly smells great. This flanker just falls even more into that designer led cliché. It's just a "sport" version of aventus which has ripped the heart out the original by stripping away everything which isn't fresh.

Still, neutral cause it smells nice.
10th November, 2019
As usual, Zealot Crusader hit the nail on the head - this is Aventus for a climate with killer summers. I’m about to head into an Australian summer and I like Aventus - surely I’m the target market?

Oddly enough a couple of days before I got my Aventus Cologne sample, I got a whiff of Mont Blanc Adventure on a testing strip. I like them both... but I just don’t like Aventus Cologne enough to fork out the money for it.

If I’m considering paying well above the going rate for most designer fragrances, I expect some originality on the behalf of the creator, not just good execution.

Neutral - it’s not bad per se, but I can’t recommend it and can’t see anyone but a diehard Creed brand advocate wanting it.
07th November, 2019
I initially thought the note breakdown of Aventus Cologne was very similar to the original Aventus but was misinformed. It lacks the fruity notes, providing for a fresher top of ginger and mandarin, drying down to a more generic base of patchouli, vetiver, woods, and musk. It makes for a cleaner, less fruity version as it lacks the blackcurrant, green apple, and, of course, pineapple.

It’s a pleasant but in my estimation, somewhat unnecessary variation of what is already a fairly fresh and robust scent in the original Aventus, which, even though it’s not a personal favorite of mine among the Creed freshies, is nonetheless an agreeable, versatile, well-done scent that merits most of its acclaim. The Cologne feels a little superfluous; I don’t personally pine for a fresher, more transparent alternative to Aventus.

Still, at the right price, Aventus cologne is still superior to many Aventus clones, even with a little less gravitas than the original Aventus. The retail pricing ($435 for 100ml) remains challenging for this and other recent Creed releases, so I’d caution potential wearers to try and find a good deal if they do like, or just try the more widely-available and batch-variant original first.

Aventus Cologne is surely good but not great, in my opinion.

7 out of 10
13th September, 2019 (last edited: 14th September, 2019)
What a disappointment. That's really saying something since my expectations were already low. Overall it reminds me of Acqua di Gio, and countless others that came after, except with a piercing opening that reminds me of bile. Overhyped and overrated. Creed has certainly made some wonderful scents, but the fact anyone calls any of them original, with the exception of GIT, is beyond me.
24th August, 2019 (last edited: 22nd September, 2019)

Add your review of Aventus Cologne

Shop for Aventus Cologne products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Aventus Cologne

There are no member images of Aventus Cologne yet. Why not be the first?