Samsara Eau de Toilette (1991)
by Guerlain

PerfumerGérard Anthony
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchGuerlain

About Samsara Eau de Toilette

Samsara Eau de Toilette is a feminine perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 1991 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Gérard Anthony and Jean Paul Guerlain

Samsara Eau de Toilette fragrance notes

Reviews of Samsara Eau de Toilette

I hadn't realized the EDT version had been added to the directory... My review is the same, as in the EDP listing. My mom owned edp and that was what I fell in love with - I frankly could not / cannot tell much of a difference between the versions. I recommend either. If you enjoy creamy wood with lots of Tonka, orris, and musk, then this is for you. Period.
31st May, 2019
Note: This is a repeat review because originally there was no listing on this site for the EDT version.

Samsara is not only one of my go-to sandalwood scents, but one of my favorite feminine fragrances of all time. And I occasionally wear it myself. I tried the EDP but there was absolutely no passing it off as a masculine. The EDT I prefer, for the woody aspects seem more prominent and the 'Guerlinade' less fierce. The jasmine top is soft and clean as new linen, and the sweet woody body is a treasure. I could stand for a bit less powder in the end phase but you know what they say about beggars. They don't wear Samsara.

Further edit: The biggest differences between the EDP and EDT versions (at least the older ones)are that the Parfum is fruitier and cloudier, whereas the EDT is more about the sandalwood. This is not to say the Parfum does not have sandalwood in spades - Rather, its top notes are so heavily loaded that the base doesn't present itself as a main feature until several hours have elapsed; Peach, jasmine, and ylang command the stage and direct the spotlight here. Absolutely lovely, just not on me. What really sells me on the EDT is the prevalence of sandalwood, jasmine, and rose, in classic attar style, only softer - like a watercolor image of the oils one might find in India or Pakistan. I understand that many are turned away from Samsara because of its almost 'Poison-like' strength but, worn in small doses, it is still one of my very favorite scents.
25th April, 2019