Bois Mystérieux (2019)

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerThierry Wasser
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Bois Mystérieux

Bois Mystérieux is a shared / unisex perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2019 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Thierry Wasser

Bois Mystérieux fragrance notes

Reviews of Bois Mystérieux

Myrh Leather Saffron

It has the same smell as Songe, but it is a bit different. It is less challenging, and a bit more massly pleasing in the base. Ultimately the breathy animalic nature is gone, but the medicine still remains. Myrh is kind of overdosed in the opening. The base smells a little cheap. I was wavering on up or neutral. I like the bottle, I like to wear it. It is just not my favorite in the line. And when you've smelled Songe this one kinda smells like an imposter. But it is much better than the average dreck, so I went thumbs up. Pricing, it should be $120 or less for the 4.2 oz bottle. Performance was pretty heavy. Longevity good.
13th September, 2020
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening blast greets me with a smooth neroli that has been given a herbal flair by adding some laurel, and a very gentle touch of spice in form of a touch of saffron. On me this is a light saffron that is a bit anaemic.

The drydown is dominated by a patchouli that is a bit darker, initially quite smooth but gaining a crispness and little bit of sharpness that reminds me of an synthetic oak moss at times. This is underlined with a jasmine that is very clean and not at all powdery, and a woodsy sidekick. The wood is fairly nonspecific at first, and then has cedarwood characteristics.

The base still carries some of the patchouli, but a herbal and mildly spicy myrrh arises that, almost contemporaneously has a leather note attached to it.
The leather is dark, a bit tannic but without any smokiness and gasoline character.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and nine hours of longevity on my skin.

A good autumnal scent that is quite average at stages, but quite well-composed at times, when the neroli, patchouli, wood and the slightly spicy herbs are aligned such as to create some nice and harmonious moments. The development of this creation contains original ideas, but some of the notes are a tad too generic at time. Overall a - just - good score.
12th March, 2020

Add your review of Bois Mystérieux

Shop for Bois Mystérieux products online

Search on ebay

Member images of Bois Mystérieux

There are no member images of Bois Mystérieux yet. Why not be the first?