Maderas de Oriente Oscuro (2018)
by PK Perfumes

Maderas de Oriente Oscuro information

Year of Launch2018

HousePK Perfumes
PerfumerPaul Kiler

About Maderas de Oriente Oscuro

Maderas de Oriente Oscuro is a shared / unisex perfume by PK Perfumes. The scent was launched in 2018 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Paul Kiler

Reviews of Maderas de Oriente Oscuro

MDOO on me is very high class cigar/tobacco shop. It’s so realistic it’s almost mind blowing to me. I get mostly tobacco, some smoke, a bit of sweet resinous vibe in the background. Lovely, well done Paul!
14th February, 2020
PK Perfumes Maderas de Oriente Oscuro is a 2018 release and the winner of the Art and Olfaction – Aftel Award, created by perfumer/owner Paul Kiler. It comes off very sharp out of the bottle but is quickly revealed to be a wonderfully-blended resinous/woody fragrance on my skin.

Its note list is interesting and diverse enough that I wouldn’t do it justice except to list it in full, per the website, but what comes off most prominently on my skin are the resins, cherrywood/hickorywood smoke, brown sugar, and perhaps just wee hints of cherry and pacthcouli:

Guaiacwood, Blood Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Agarwood.
Earth, Mushroom, Patchouli, Vetiver.
Honey, Brown Sugar, Caramel, Ambers.
Clove, Anise, Cherry, Tobacco, Cherrywood Smoke, and Hickorywood Smoke.

MDOO is delightfully rich and dense, the type of fragrance that feels especially appropriate this time of year while the weather is cooling down in the northern hemisphere. It has boozy undertones, almost smelling of mahogany wood, freshly lacquered up. There’s something pleasantly sharp and acidic about it that pairs well with the woody dominance and sweet hints.

Pricing is very reasonable, at the largest size, under than $2/ml line that I ramble on about, at $115/$75/$55 for 60ml/30ml/15ml with samples available as well like the one pictured. It is sold, along with the rest of the PK catalogue, only through the PK Perfumes website, to my knowledge.

I’m a big fan of MDOO and it might have to be my first PK Perfumes bottle buy, but I’ll give it some more tries in the meantime.

8 out of 10