British Leather (2019)

HouseDunhill
PerfumerPierre Negrin
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About British Leather

British Leather is a masculine fragrance by Dunhill. The scent was launched in 2019 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Negrin

British Leather fragrance notes

Reviews of British Leather

Oviatt Show all reviews
Dunhill’s British Leather, a part of their Signature Collection, has three simple notes with bergamot as the top note which seems to be a theme for this line even though all four are by different perfumers (in this case, Pierre Negrin). I do not get even a hint of bergamot in the opening and violet leaf which can be such a dynamic element as used in major hits such as Green Irish Tweed and Fahrenheit is missing in action as well. What I do get is a dry, slightly dusty leather note reminiscent of old books. This is not lolling in the backseat of a Bentley Mulsanne or shopping for leather goods in the Via Condotti (or even at Alfred Dunhill!) but picking through shelves of old books in an antiquarian bookstore. Luckily, this happens to be one of my favorite things to do so it gives me a way to appreciate this scent. Think of Heywood Hill on a rainy afternoon—this is British, after all. That said, there are so many wonderful leathers out there that frankly do more for me.
21st September, 2020
Very disappointed with this buy. . . .(Signature collection), i was expecting something expensive & luxury. i am wearing since 03 days.no comments on new fragrance and lasting 02-03 hours only (in-door).

Wastage of money . . .i never ever Recommend this product.
12th September, 2019
If you like Dunhill Edition you will like this one..for me it is a reajusted, refined version of Dunhill Edition..more Leathery. I think this is a winner.
17th August, 2019 (last edited: 25th August, 2019)
On the opening you can smell bergamot weaved with a small amount of violet and soon after you get a small amount of oily leather and that's basically it. Again like the rest of the line it is very minimalistic with simple accords.

I cannot help imagining someone buying a full bottle from Harrods and opening the box in anticipation. They would be all excited in purchasing something expensive and exclusive. And then watching their face as it fills with disappointment. "Is this it, £120 I've spent from Harrods no less. And this is all they could come up with, I've smelled scents that cost a fraction of this that smelled more complex. And at least they made the effort.". lol

It's decent but I'm not impressed with British leather especially at this price point.

On a side note that candy like jelly baby smell that I mentioned in the sandalwood review. Well I smelled it in the far far drydown of Arabian Desert and it's in this as well. And it annoys me because when all the other notes have been spent, that jellybaby candy like smell just persists. I've been smelling it now for days.
08th August, 2019
The masterpiece of this series of 4 frags, together with Moroccan Amber. Absolutely great and interesting given the low profile of Dunhill.

I'll get a full bottle for sure (but will wait for discounter prices!)
29th July, 2019

Add your review of British Leather

Shop for British Leather products online

Search on eBay

Member images of British Leather

There are no member images of British Leather yet. Why not be the first?