Ganymede (2019)

HouseMarc-Antoine Barrois
PerfumerQuentin Bisch
SupplierGivaudan

About Ganymede

Ganymede is a shared / unisex perfume by Marc-Antoine Barrois. The scent was launched in 2019 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Quentin Bisch

Ganymede fragrance notes

Reviews of Ganymede

Department Store EDP

This smells exactly like the Gap store, and the upstairs of Younkers at my mall. Its like new clothes, shoes, carpet, cleaners, the whole works. I find it super strong.
If I try to pick out notes I get saffron, violet, musc, and etc. This could be a distinct great signiture. It is ultra versatile. It has an accord feel that is entirely hard to nail down. It smells good. Price is a bit steep. Might buy it eventually. Would work well for times where you are not looking to make a statement, though it is certainly unique. I've gotten quite a few moments while wearing it that I've mentally connected Narciso Rodriguez for Men from the Musk and violet. It is impecably blended, but down feel a bit "6 note composition" at times. Thumbs up. Its one to try. Even if the notes dont speak to you, this may be something that suprises you.
12th September, 2020
This fragrance has an air of mystery to it. The opening is deep green and dark floral which I suppose is the violet. The middle of the scent smells like hay (immortelle) which is a logical transition from the dark green violet wood opening and this feels like nature and outdoors. The hay scent turns softer until it has the feel of suede or soft leather. All of these warm hay and leather notes are the result of interplay of immortelle, osmanthus and saffron. The violet opening combined with these soft aspects adds to the mystery and charm of this scent. It seems to change often from green violet to soft leathery woods depending on strength of application and outside temperature. I've only tried this a couple of times but I think it is enchanting, interesting, a naturalistic pastoral statement and is a pretty fantastic finished product.
16th August, 2020
Ganymede by Marc Antoine Barrois is a scent full of ozone, salt, herbs and trees. It subtly embraces, envelops, but does not overwhelm.

This scent is inspired by the Ganymede moon. A rocky satellite of Jupiter discovered in 1610 by Galileo.

Ganymede is said to be a windy moon, covered with frozen salt water. But a luminous one, as befits a giant planet's satellite. And that's what this perfume is like. It is a flight into space - the smell takes you on a long space journey to the land of happiness.
08th August, 2020
Laundry Musk. Get the excellent layered Diptyque Fleur de Peau for this kind of thing.
05th July, 2020
I had ventured down the rabbit hole for the better part of a year searching for a perfectly elegant, sophisticated and classic fragrance to wear for both day and evening. Nothing remotely sweet or flowery but nothing too strong and aggressive either. Something that says "I know who I am, I am confident, I have experience and I love the mature me." After over 150 samples, I've found "the one" in the beautiful Ganymede. I feel that this is an instant classic that says both power and sophistication. I get so many lovely accords from this, but on me, its peppery, spicy and lightly woody with a touch of suede. Although it seems quite a few men have picked this up as its described as unisex, I feel its very elegant for a mature woman. Utterly gorgeous.
27th October, 2019

Add your review of Ganymede

Shop for Ganymede products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Ganymede

There are no member images of Ganymede yet. Why not be the first?