Le Beau (2019)

Le Beau information

Year of Launch2019

HouseJean Paul Gaultier
PerfumerQuentin Bisch
Parent Company at launchPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Le Beau

Le Beau is a masculine fragrance by Jean Paul Gaultier. The scent was launched in 2019 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Quentin Bisch

Le Beau fragrance notes

Reviews of Le Beau

The idea of the original is in the background, mixed with the strong bergamote and coconut. It's the bergamote that drags the entire composition into appearing as a hybrid of Invictus and slightly even A*Men Ultimate. Overspray this one, you'll sicken yourself and the environment.

The original is a staple, even if destroyed by reformulation. Its more fresh counterparts Popeye and Superman are very good summer flankers. Le Beau is neither here or there. Too heavy for the summer, too tropical for the winter, and with no character for the autumn or spring. I call this one the non-aligned. When I kind of think about it, it's for the "don't touch me, I don't judge or take sides" 15-25 years old crowd.

Originality: 5/10
Scent: 6/10
Longevity: 8/10
Projection: 7/10
________________________
math grade: 65%
subjective grade: 6/10
11th May, 2020
Besides the Le Mâle DNA that's present, I also get marine notes from Le Beau. A faint ambergris seemed to be present as well the first tries.

It's not gourmand but slightly more so than Le Male and its flankers because of the 'coconut wood'. I got good projection as well from it.

All in all it's enjoyable but a bit too simple for my liking.

01st November, 2019 (last edited: 06th November, 2019)
Solid fragrance all around both in uniqueness from the coconut mixed with LeMale freshness and very good performance. Excellent compliment ratio, should be liked by most of the normal population. That excludes finicky basenoters, of course.

It does get a little basic into the deep drydown, sticking mostly to a LeMale scent, but that’s proven to be a winner of the years, so no worries there.

I got good performance on my skin with good, noticeable projection during the first 4 hours and then a little better than skin scent for 10+ hours.
09th October, 2019
I do appreciate that unlike the original, this flanker is NOT a cloying nuclear mess. It's doesn't scream, and for me that's a good thing.

I also LOVE coco-nutty tropical fragrances like Virgin Island Water, and Eau de Soleil Blanc. For a crowd pleasing line like Le Male, this is a vast improvement. But, it also doesn't land among my favorite tropical fragrances. The coconut feels a little too light and synthetic, especially to be the star of the show. I mostly get that and tonka, with very little citrus. The perfomance is kinda meh, with the sugary traces of that original Le Male DNA being the only thing that really jumps off the skin. I'd recommend other things before I recommend this, but it's not bad by any stretch of the imagination
25th August, 2019
Yummy, juicy edible sweet coconut.

It's so simple yet quite good.

There are others before it that have gone down this road: Sean john Unforgiveable Night, and Marc by Marc Jacobs.
Both feature qualities that flirt with coconut, (fig in the case of Marc). Le Beau is unabashedly coconut, and one that you want to sink your teeth into.

31st July, 2019

Add your review of Le Beau

Shop for Le Beau products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Le Beau

There are no member images of Le Beau yet. Why not be the first?