Twilly d'Hermès Eau Poivrée (2019)
by Hermès

Twilly d'Hermès Eau Poivrée information

Year of Launch2019

HouseHermès
PerfumerChristine Nagel

About Twilly d'Hermès Eau Poivrée

Twilly d'Hermès Eau Poivrée is a feminine perfume by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2019 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christine Nagel

Twilly d'Hermès Eau Poivrée fragrance notes

Reviews of Twilly d'Hermès Eau Poivrée

rbaker Show all reviews
Like the original, a simple sequence of three core notes with a few sidelines, but the result varies accordingly.

Here the pink pepper clearly leads the opening gambit, but I get whiffs of a gentle incense impression superimposed during the initial phase.

The drydown adds a rose core. It is a rose that is quite rich on the one side, but it is a dull richness that neither sparkles nor impresses by intensity.

The base presents a soft and somewhat unimpressive patchouli that is very inoffensive, lacking any earthiness, sharpness or vividness.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and seven hours of longevity on my skin.

Compared to the original, this flanker has a bit more pepper in to that provides a nicer balance to the sweet components without giving up on its overall richness. On the other hand, it shares the generic character and the synthetic character with the original, but the latter is less egregious compared to the original. The rose is nothing to write home about. Overall not bad but not enticing either. 2.75/5.
27th September, 2019
I thought at first - oh, an even more pink bottle with more boring notes. No ginger that made Twilly so lovely! Ah. But I still tried it next to original - how could I resist?

The interesting thing is that they actually used these completely different main notes - pink pepper instead of ginger, rose instead of tuberose and patchouli instead of sandalwood - to achieve the same mood, the same idea and the same feeling. I mean, you spritz each on your different wrists, and you smell them, and you get the feeling that these are two paintings of the same landscape (or portrait, or nature morte), just done with different colours.

They are very different, but they still are sisters.
I really liked that.

I think I even liked the new Poivrée version a tiny bit more than original - but of course, my favours may change in the future. The original is still probably more unique with its sour ginger, as pink pepper is really prevalent everywhere nowadays – as is rose. But I thoroughly enjoyed the really punchy pepper (it starts off stronger than it's usual for pink pepper, it's similar to black pepper to me at the start, though it mellows down and softens later, unfortunately) and I liked the slightly sour combo of rose and patchouli probably a bit more than slightly sweet and creamy combo of tuberose and sandalwood of original.

For now, I'm not planning to get myself neither one of the sisters, but I'd be really glad to get any of them as a gift. They both are pretty cheerful and energetic, and optimistic, and young, and carefree, and stylish, and pretty. Just like the ad says.
11th September, 2019
Nothing really poivree about this - more of a tart opening, followed by a lovely, rosy floral accord, unfortunately tainted by a huge woody amber, which Nagel is known to use (see Citron Noir). It's cleverly concealed, so your mileage may vary, but it ruins it for me.

Not bad, but not something I would wear when the genius original is still on the shelves.
26th August, 2019

Add your review of Twilly d'Hermès Eau Poivrée

Shop for Twilly d'Hermès Eau Poivrée products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Twilly d'Hermès Eau Poivrée

There are no member images of Twilly d'Hermès Eau Poivrée yet. Why not be the first?