Vert Fougère (2019)

HouseFloris
PerfumerNicola Pozzani
Creative DirectorEdward Bodenham

About Vert Fougère

Vert Fougère is a shared / unisex perfume by Floris. The scent was launched in 2019 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Nicola Pozzani

Vert Fougère fragrance notes

Reviews of Vert Fougère

Green? Fougere? By Floris? yes please! Ah, we're born for disappointment.

VF goes on with a terrific grapefruit note, but the top notes in concert are medicinal. I can only attribute this to the interaction of the citrus with galbanum, but... well, it's not always like this.

It then decides it wants to become Brut. Once the top has dried off, this is unmistakably, 90%, Brut, perhaps a slightly more powdery version. Once that positive ident has been made, it then decides it wants to be No. 89 and the hairy-chested phase wears off. By the end it has referenced most of the repertoire of Caron and Histoires.

So here's my problem. These are some direct quotes from the sample card: it is "defined by a juxtaposition between dark green notes and smoky, velvety woody accords"; it is "a moody fougere that embraces its green, mossy foundations and adds a sparkling modernity". Mmmmmm: sort of. Some of the time. With these descriptions, I want a return to uncompromising masculine fougere mossy goodness. If I was in the market for what this is, largely a dandyish version of the genre, I'd visit one of the other houses mentioned above.

Here's what I think part of the problem is: it's marketed as a unisex fragrance. Drop the pretence, ramp it up, make it a proper masculine. As it stands, if I want powdery from this house, I'll go with No. 89; board-room assertive, Elite; can't decide, 1976. Not at all bad, but not close enough, in my book.
08th February, 2020
gazbo Show all reviews
A strong blast of smoke dries down into... more smoke. This isn't a Fougere to my nose. It's a miss from me.
05th December, 2019
This is not a unisex fragrance.
It opens with a strong wood ginger and citrus blast and settles into strong wood almost cinder or pencil shaving in quality. Its dark and masculine for hairy chests only.
Put your nose too close to it and you will recoil.
I can see its place which is why this gets a neutral and its original and well blended but its certainly not for me. There is no subtlety or real class here but its interesting. It projects well and lasts several hours. Worth a sniff.

Fragrance: 6.9/10
Projection: 7.5/10
Longevity: 7.5/10
09th September, 2019

Add your review of Vert Fougère

Shop for Vert Fougère products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Vert Fougère

There are no member images of Vert Fougère yet. Why not be the first?