K by Dolce & Gabbana (2019)
by Dolce & Gabbana

K by Dolce & Gabbana information

Year of Launch2019

HouseDolce & Gabbana

About K by Dolce & Gabbana

K by Dolce & Gabbana is a masculine fragrance by Dolce & Gabbana. The scent was launched in 2019

K by Dolce & Gabbana fragrance notes

Reviews of K by Dolce & Gabbana

I sampled this whilst in Macy's buying some Chanel for the Mrs. The woman at the counter raved about K above all other male frags, but I didn't really like it much on first smell, as there was some sort of sharp/screechy note that bothered me. After dry down though, it mellowed, and I found I really enjoyed it on my skin. I like frags with vetiver and patchouli, so maybe that's it. After a couple of months I picked up a bottle and have been pleased to wear it. While this isn't a signature for me, it is a frequent go to, and I get lots of compliments.
26th September, 2020 (last edited: 25th September, 2020)
I like and enjoy this more recent offering from D&G, probably their best fragrance since Light Blue Eau Intense. It's a welcome departure from the popular, but cloyingly sweet "The One" and its incessant army of flankers.

A light, charming, spicy, mildly sweet and woodsy, versitile fragrance suitable for Spring, Summer, day or night, office or leisure. I really don't agree with those who find this generic or typical. There's more complexity to this fragrance than there might initially seem to be on first impression. Give it a few wears and you'll realize it's really quite good.

Decent performance, with gentle sillage and several hours of longevity.
13th May, 2020
I find this a very nice modern cologne from D&G, their best since Eau Blue Intense, and hopefully, a new step in the right direction, rather than continuing to rely on played-out versions of "The One". I like this fragrance, much more than D&G's cloying, overly sweet "The One" and all of it's too numerous flankers.

I like this a heck of a lot better than the over-hyped Bleu de Chanel (if one really feels the need to make a comparison, as some have). I really don't feel it's very similar to some of the other popular designer frags mentioned in some of these reviews, like Sauvage.

There's not much more I can add that hasn't already been said in previous reviews. I agree with NotSpendingaMillion, Speedracer, and especially Zealot's as always, very comprehensive, detailed review.
I certainly don't agree with others that this is a run-of-the-mill "mall fragrance" (whatever that means), or uncompromisingly masculine. And I agree with Zealot that the ambroxin in this one is much more subdued compared to other comparable fragrances employing a heavy ambroxin base.

This did remind me a little of D&G's unsuccessful "The One for Gentlemen", so I was surprised to not find Ginger listed as one of its accords. Maybe it's the Pimento note I confused it for... Anyways, I'm still new to this, and my nose is still learning to identify the various scent accords accurately.

This one is a solid thumbs-up for me. Long live the K!
25th April, 2020
Uncompromisingly masculin, astringent, dry floral, citric aromatic, "sporty/aquatic", charming, minimalistic, with a cedary watery base founded of the vetiver/patchouli combo a la Badedas Noir shower gel. Scents a la Perry Ellis 360 for man, PR Invictus Aqua, Bleau de Chanel, Dior Sauvage, Armani Acqua di Giò Absolu, several Montblanc (either Emblem and Explorer) jump on mind since featuring and expressing really similar dynamic characteristics. Opening is quite sharp, crisp and fruity (mostly focused on grapefruit and citrus, with hints of pepper and aromatic spices). I have to say that this citric-vibe (mostly focused on bitter orange) is quite convincing (especially in its evolution and kind of realistic "aplomb") and in a typical italian style (a la Casamorati/Xerjoff for instance -Fiero, Mefisto, Fiore d'Ulivo, Nio). In particular juniper berries, lavender and geranium represent the sporty/muscular core of this "summery" (vaguely exotic) juice (the umpteenth attempt to follow the "taking the world by storm" wake produced years back by Creed Aventus despite the ambroxan usage is in here almost absent). Dry down is somewhat generic (orangy/floral/dry/woody in a synthetically cedary way) but hitting the spot if you are looking for these kind of stuffs (on this unpretentious casual "shampooing" path D&G K is convincing).
15th April, 2020
Kind of sweet and basically generic, this one is very average. Nothing original about this one. D&G has to step it up with their fragrances.
03rd January, 2020
Typical modern "mall scent". You've smelled this already. Namely, Mr. Burberry EDP and YSL Y EDP. If you're guy that likes to spend the weekend free time moving around shopping malls, this is the scent for you!

I am on the verge to rate it negative, but I've rated Mr. Burberry EDP positively and this D&G K being a copy of it is not all that bad, so will be rated neutral. It's not really a polarising scent. People en masse will like it and wear it and very few will dislike it.

Originality 3/10

Add your review of K by Dolce & Gabbana

Shop for K by Dolce & Gabbana products online

Search on ebay

Member images of K by Dolce & Gabbana

There are no member images of K by Dolce & Gabbana yet. Why not be the first?